Chapter 27 🔥 Siren's Blood

Hi readers! I'm sorry for a late update. I know I promised more but got a bit of writer's block this week. Hopefully, I can update again soon. Would love some inspiration from you guys and gals. Some likes and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Love lots,
Mariam Sarhan

~~~~●○●~~~○●○~~~●○●~~~○●○~~~~

"We only have half an hour left to figure this blood rite out. Any ideas?" Amelia asked Daphne for the nth time.

"Obviously nothing. We're so gonna die out here." The Siren mumbled exasperated.

"No, dying is not an option. Try beaten up half to death. That could pass since we need to stop their advance at all costs." Amelia said in deep thought. She kept on chanting the words blood rite inside her mind.

"Blood rite. What's that supposed to mean?" Daphne continued mumbling, completely oblivious to Amelia's talk.

Groowwlll. . .

Amelia spewed a stream of profanities while Daphne jumped out of her stupor, "Seriously? That fast?"

"Seems like only one option left." The shifter said readying herself in a combat stance.

"What option?"

"Duh. Beaten half to death option?"

"Um, hate to break it to you but we'll be fighting monsters."

"So?"

Daphne rolled her eyes, "I think we have a fighting chance if you shift into one, captain obvious."

"Oh, hahaha. Right, right." Amelia scratched her head, trying to figure out what monster to shift into and came out nothing. "Okay, I'll wait for suggestions from the enemy."

"Seriously?" Daphne was dumbfounded but was caught in surprise when suddenly a winged giant panther-like black creature landed a few meters in front of her. She burned it alive out of mere reflex.

"Wow! Great thinking. Stay back there and guard the cave from the flying ones." Amelia snickered as she shifted herself into a white-scaled dragon burning the rest of the incoming monsters.

"So far so. . . Urghh." Daphne wasn't able to finish her words when something clawed her back. The searing pain was almost unbearable and her blood pooled on the ground as she fell to her knees waiting to be devoured.

Amelia was busy on the hundreds incoming upfront, unaware of the Siren's predicament.

Daphne was anticipating the monster's attack but it never came so she slowly turned her head around and was astonished to see a winged snake-like creature convulsing, almost as if it was in a brink of death.

Her breath hitched on her throat as she realized, "blood rite!" She snapped her fingers as she spoke.

She remembered her mother used to tell her stories about 'The Siren's Blood'. It was a cursed blood book and it can kill any creature of the sea. Hence, combined with fire, it can serve a unpenetrable wall for monsters. She thought it was just a myth.

"Groowwlll!" An angry Amelia who shifted to a winged white lion called her attention. Her huge teeth bared giving the Siren a 'what the hell look' a lion could muster. Unable to see the opened claw line on the back of her friend.

"Just keep them busy and lined up for a few more minutes I got this stupid blood rite!" Daphne shouted and walked slowly in agony crosswise. Letting her blood flow from her back wound into a crosswise line just outside the cave seperating the monsters.