Day 14

Lucy's POV

I woke up with a sad face. The Mako squad were going home. I can't believe that they were here for such little time and we had to say goodbye. Ondina had finished packing her, now much larger, waterproof bag.

"I can't believe you are going back already." I said to Ondina sitting up straight

"I know but the pod needs us. You know what that's like Lucy"

"Yea." I admitted.

She came over and hugged me. I felt her hand doing something behind my back but wasn't even curious enough to see what it was. When Ondina left, Weilan came in and visited to say her goodbyes followed by Mimmi, then Zac and Evie.

Before they left, we all went to Mea for a swim as a group for one last time.

"I can't believe we're saying goodbye." Rey said looking up through the volcano cone.

"Me neither but call alot. Rita is actually a really good pranker. But you didn't hear that from me." Weilan said.

We checked the clock we put up in the moon pool. They had to leave. We all said our goodbyes and they swam off south.

The girls and I headed back to the house as well. We dried ourselves off under the dock and went in through the back door.

"Oh hey you guys." Jacob said sarcastically.

"Yeah we just came back from seeing Mimmi, Weilan, Ondina, Zac and Evie at the airport.

"They left huh." Max asked.

"Yea the po-- their families needed them." Tia said.

"Close one." I mind messaged her. She just punched my arm causing me to hit the chair.

"So uh there's a new Ben & Jerry's that opened down in Los Feilz if you guys are interested." Ella asked

"Sounds great. We'll be ready at 2" Max said as all the boys followed him out of the room.

•••

Ella's POV

The girls and I waited for the boys next to the door for about twenty minutes. Suddenly it opened for the outside as chase stuck his head in.

"You guys coming?" he asked

We all looked at him with shock as we opened the door. Lucy drove us once again and Luke drove the boys. When we got there, We each sat down at a long table. It went:

Chase
Max Rey
Jacob Ella
Luke Lucy
Kyle Tia

We ordered 4 of their Romantic Sundaes, a singular sundae for Chase and five pints of ice cream for us to take home.

"Ella can I ask you something." Jacob asked me out if nowhere

"Anything"

"If this 'life altering' secret didn't involve other people who made you swear not to tell anyone, would you tell me."

"After getting to know the softie understanding guy you are, I would but you know I can't. But when I get my clearance I most certainly will. Promise"

He nodded and we continued to eat our sundae. After a while he brought me over to an open closet that gave a bit of privacy, and we kissed.

When we got home we were in heaven from eating Ben & Jerry's. Why was that stuff so good. We forfeited on any pranking today after what we did on the thirteen and the boys went along with it.

As I walked into my room I noticed a note laying on my pillow. I guess that's what Ondina put there after. I diligently opened it.

The beautiful cursive note read,

Dear Lucy,
I'm quite sad that I don't get to see you quite often anymore. You were one of my best students. I've been talking to the pod's new leader, Nerissa and she has invited you back to the pod. We are in need of good teachers and you are quite fitting for the job. You may stay with me at my home on the Gold Coast since you have adjusted so well to the human life. This offer has been extended to all your other 'roommates' so don't worry. I shall talk with you more the next time you Skype. With all love, Rita and Poseidon.

Boy did I miss her. And that cat.

I walked out in the hall with my note to see the other three holding theirs as well.

"So. Are we moving back to Mako?" I asked.