Day 20

Ella's POV

Yesterday's interrogation was really stressful. It meant they were starting to get closer to our secret.

We decided to do a basic prank with a tad bit of mermaid magic added cause why not.

I was always the first up so I had to go catch a really large fish this morning. I managed to sneak it upstairs and into the boy's room without them realizing. I cloaked both myself and it so they wouldn't be able to locate the smell.

Lets just say they made me do all the work because 'you're up so why not?'. I decided to light a Pumpkin Spice Candle from Bath and Body Works to take away from the hall smelling like salt water and fish gutts.

"Yo sleepy fishies! WAKE UP!!" I mind yelled at them.

"Holy cheese and crackers Ella!" Rey said walking out of her room. The others trailed behind slowly as I walked into the kitchen. We ate a healthy breakfast of oatmeal and fruit and conversed about our Mako move.

"I just can't believe that were leaving the boys right after midnight on the thirtieth." I said munching on a strawberry.

"Mmph I know. I kinda see them as brothers not enemies. Most times that is" Tia added.

At that moment, there was a knock on the backdoor. Distinctly three, a pause, one followed by another pause and five consecutive ones.

"It's from Rita!" Rey screamed running to open the door. We went for a bit of cover then read the note.

It read,
"Dear Girls,
I hope you don't mind this letter interrupting your morning but I have some news from Nerissa. I will be able to contact you immediately after 5:30 Mea time tonignt. We discovered something about the moon pools so just be in Mea's at 5:30. It's not urgent but nescessary. It shall be like a mermaid Skype call. Burn this once you've read it. Love, Rita, Posseidon, Weilan, Mimmi and Ondina!".

We all looked at the message taking a mental note of being there for 5:30 and then burnt the letter.

Soon enough the boys came down coughing.

"Oh my god what smells so bad that even the candle won't fix?" Jacob complained

"Only the worst smelling fish on earth and were not telling you where it is!" We said running up to get changed.

The girls and I decided to quickly grab a PSL at Starbucks and then went home. We even bought the boys cake pops. We weren't ghat much of devils were we?

I stayed up in my room watching Scream Queens in my room because no one else 'liked' the fact of them all dying and me laughing at them. Their loss.

I used a small microwave to heat up some popcorn and got a bottle of lemonade from the mini fridge and sat on my bed when a knock came from the door. I was at the part where Chanel #2's dead body was found in the house so this made me even more scarred. I walked over to the door and opened it slightly. There were chainsaw noises and I immediately shut the door and locked it. It wasn't funny when I was a part of it.

"Come on Ella! I'm not the red devil I just pulled a wee little prank on you because I heard Scream Queens playing. And you laughing aa lot" Jacob screamed from outside my door.

"JACOB!" I said opening the door.

"Im sorry?"

"Not funny! I have a fear of dying."

"Yet you watch other people fake die?"

"Im scared of my own death you idiot!"

"Sounding more and more like Chanel everyday"

"Am not!" I used mermaid magic to dock him across the hall, closing the door behind me and then locking it"

"CHANEL!" He screamed from the outside. Okay so I was maybe becoming a bit of the Chanel I loved watching on TV but whose to blame?

I finished the episode and looked at the time. 5:27. OH MY GOD! I was going to be late for Rita's message. I unlocked my door, ran downstairs with Jacob following me no less.

"Yo Chanel! Where you going?" He asked

"No where you need to be concerned with Chad!" I screamed back diving off. So I guess 'Chanel' and 'Chad' were a thing now?

I got to Mea just in time for the message.

A flicker shone above the pool like a hologram.

"Hello girls!" Rita said waving

"Woah Mermaid Skype! This is cool!" Rey said

"I know! According to Veridia, the new senior mermaid, pod leaders used it to contact each other. Pretty neat! Either way we have something really important we need to talk about."

"Ah yes we do! The girls and I have talked it over and we've agreed to your very generous offer. Tia has gotten clearance from her parents so she's coming too." Ella said

"Ah that would be lovely. I'm so excited to have you three back and to meet you"

"We are just as excited as you! We sold the house to another mermaid too funny enough! She went by Cleo Sertori then got married to Lewis McCartney," Tia added

"Ah yes! I've met her friend Rikki just a few months ago and she couldn't stop talking about their adventures with their friends Emma and Bella."

"Cool! Also I have a very important question... Do you by any happen chance have a strong tree in your back yard?" Rey asked

"Oh Rey. Your old hitting tree is still live and healthy along with one right next to it so your Harley bat will have lots to hit."

"Thanks Rita your the best!"

"Anytime! Also are you sleeping on Mea, in the grotto or in bed. I have enough rooms for two to have their own and another two will share. Weilan took the fourth room."

"I think it will alternate between the bed and grotto but let's just say bed" Ella piped in

"Okay. I must go, the moon ring is running out of power. Ill see you all in ten days. We'll talk soon. Pack everything. Love you"

"Love you to rita!" We said as she disconnected the video.

We all looked at eachother with excitement.

" I can't believe school is starting in 11 days." Rey said

"Mermaid high here we come!" I said

"It will be good to go back to our original pod and Tia you can finally earn a moon ring even though you have a spear one Rita keeps." Ella added

"You know the last like twenty days have been some of the best since my incident of falling into the moon pool" Tia confronted

"Awe we love you T' the rest of us chorused

"Thanks, now I'm meeting my sisters and brother in a little bit. Don't do anything crazy while I'm out! Bye" She said diving off.

"Who wants to go make the fish in the boy's closet ten times bigger than it is?" Rey proposed

We all raised our hands.

•••

A/N: Hey my fishies! Crappy chapter I know. I promise the next one will be better. Shout out to @fishwifi for being my current online bestie. She's a sweetheart so make sure to go follow her and read her Mako Mermaids fanfic. It's amazing. -Ingrid Adeline, going offline