Chapter 53- New Years Party- Part 1

"What should I wear?" I am so confused right now, tomorrow is the party and I have no suitable clothes for it.

Arlene says, "there's always last-minute shopping, let's go", she grabs my hand and pulls me out my room, more like drag.

Arlene shouts, " Mr. Montez, Anne and I are going down to the mall to get her a dress for tomorrow!"

My dad shouts back, "okay, do you girls need any money?!"

I shout, "no dad, I have my credit card, it's loaded with money!"

Arlene smiles, "so that means for prom we can go shopping."

I add, "I am ordering mines online, shopping in the mall would take hours."

We arrive at the mall, there are a few people around, mostly shopping for the new Year.

Arlene drags me into forever 21, a girl says, "welcome, happy holidays, what can I do for you guys?"

Arlene pulls me and says, "one of your most expensive and beautiful dresses for her, we are going to be attending a millionaire new year's eve party tomorrow."

She nods.

Five minutes later

She's back with about five dresses, I choose the silver, blue and pink dresses to try on. The silver one is strapless that hugs my curves and the back is open out.

Arlene says, "next one", I sigh.

The blue had thin straps and reach under my knees and is fluffy at the end, I say, "definitely not this one."

I try on the pink, it's strapless, long and had a V form on the top in front and shows only little of the back.

Arlene jumps up and down clapping, "that's definitely the one, now time for heels."

Seriously?

After one hour of shopping torture, we're finally out of the store. My heels are not that high and it's pink with glitter which matched my dress perfectly.

We walk into Starbucks and see Brandon, Blake, and Jack just great.

Arlene whispers, "we can leave if you want", I shake my head.

It's time to get over Brandon, he made his choice.

Jack sees me and shouts, "Hi Anna, since you're single again, you should go on a date with me, there's a party tomorrow I am sure you know about already, be my date!"

I see Brandon stiffed, Blake is texting on his phone.

I reply, "I don't know, I have to think about it."

Jack explains, "well Blake is going with Stephanie and Brandon will not be going and I need one."

Arlene whispers, "this is perfect because I am sure all the guys will have dates, if Brandon is there you can make him feel bad by flirting with his right-hand man."

I nod.

I call out to him, "Jack see you at the party!"

I wink at him.

Brandon glares at me but says nothing, serve you right.

********

Stacy says, "let me do your make up, the limo would be here any minute now", we are currently in my room, my hair is let out and curled, my dress fitting me perfectly and Stacy putting on light make up on me.

Dad knocks on the door and says, "limo is here and Anne, there's a guy outside waiting to escort you", that must be Jack.

We walk out of the room and down the stairs.

I see dad talking to a pale face Jack, Stacy whispers, "he looks familiar", forgot to mention Stephanie dated him in freshman year, don't ask me how that was possibly.

Jack looks up at me and smiles, he says, "you look beautiful Anna", I blush a little.

We get into the limo, the party is held at the hotel my birthday party was held at.

Dad says, "so Anne's date for the night, what do you like to do?"

Jack says, "I like to run long distances and I like all the science subjects, I am thinking about going into medicine", my dad nods and gives him an approving look.

Never thought a guy like Jack would be something interesting like medicine. He actually thinking about something else other than sports and his pleasure. Never judge a book by its cover.

We arrive and we all get out, cameras flashes before my eyes.

A news reports says, "here comes Alvin Montez with his date and his daughter with her date", I roll my eyes as Jack put his hand around my waist.

We walk into the hotel and I see Jordan chokes on his champagne and watches me. Justin turns away from his conversation with his mother and watches me, but frowns at Jack.

Arlene says, "you look beautiful Anne, you as well Jack."

Arlene had on a long white silky dress, with silver heels and her hair in a high bun.

Jacob snaps at Jack, "move."

I say, "he's my date Jay, calm down it's just for tonight."

Jacob nods but points two fingers at his eyes then at Jack before talking to Kyle.

We all go into the ballroom, there's a lot of people and around my age as well. A group of girls all run to talk to Justin, the twins and Greg who doesn't have a date. I see Stephanie at the buffet table eating and talking to a girl.

I ask, "you don't belong here Stephanie, who invited you?"

She explains, "well your ex-boyfriend, Brandon invited Blake who happens to be my date", dramatically flipping her hair over her shoulder.

I just shake my head and go to look for my friends, but things are getting worst. A girl is flirting with Justin who is wearing way too much makeup.

Gabriella says, "I swear she's acting like that girl over there", pointing at Stephanie who is now flirting with a guy who's not her date.

I nod and just when things are getting worst Brandon, his sister and parents just enter, but Nikki is at his side who looks a little fat.

She is smiling and talking, Brenda sees me and shouts, "Anne!" She runs and hugs me.

I chuckle, "hi Brenda, how are you going?"

She says, "bad, I don't like Brandon's friend, she's mean and only wants to kiss Brandon."

laugh at the disgust on her face.

Brandon is watching me more like staring, but Justin comes next to me and glares at him.

I say, "I'll see you later okay Brenda", she nods and runs back to her parents.

Justin comments, "she's nothing compared to her brother."

I nod.

__________________