Chapter 59- She's Closer Than You Think

Skipping To A Few Days Before Prom

Justin and I are really close friends, just hope I don't develop any feelings for him. Prom is coming in a few days and that's the only topic everyone is talking about.

Arlene says as we walk into the school, "Kyle asked me since last week to go to prom with him."

I reply, "lucky you, no one asked me yet."

Austin walks up to us, he says, "hi nerd look up."

When I did I see a big poster write-up, 'will you go to prom with me?'

I gasp, "I would love to, but there's a girl who would want to go with you instead."

He nods and walks away.

Arlene asks, "why you did that?"

I shrug, I don't want to go to prom anyway.

Jordan says, "prom here I come and I know who exactly I am asking, Stephanie", no surprise there.

Arlene laughs, "good luck because a lot of guys asked her and she turned them down."

Jordan smiles, "that's because they don't know how to charm her as I do."

I roll my eyes, "right, that how you got to date her last semester in the first place", he nods.

I open my locker and put my books in it and a paper falls out.

I open it and read it, 'go to prom with me' ~ anonymous

I frown and look around, then I see Jack with a rose, I shake my head.

I close my locker and say, "ask that girl across there, she looks like she is more heartbroken than me", pointing at a girl who eyes are swollen, I can see pain in it.

Jack looks sad when he watches her, he says, "you're right, two broken hearts can be fixed when together."

Ian says, "that's nice, you helping people get dates, except for you"

I laugh, "you should get one as well, I am not going so don't worry about me."

He replies, "I already ask someone and they agree", lucky him.

The bell rings and I make my way to class with Justin and Luke.

Justin informs me, "I might not go to prom."

Why?

I ask, "why not?"

He shrugs.

_____

Justin's POV

"Why not?" Anne asks, I shrug.

I don't want to tell her that the reason is it's you I want to go with, but I don't stand a chance. I am scared of telling Anne how I feel about her if I push away these feelings, I don't have to feel it again.

After class I see Greg and Anne talking and laughing.

Carlos slaps me on the back and says, "dude people with eyes can tell you're in love with her, just ask her to prom."

I punch him and laugh, "Me? In love with Anne? Haha."

He shrugs, "whatever dude", maybe he's right, when Greg asked Anne on a date last two months, I got really angry and jealous.

I say, "maybe you're right Carlos, but how do I ask?"

He says, "you think about it, but I'll help you if you need it", I nod.

It's going to take a while with little time.

______

When lunchtime comes around, most guys are asking the girls to go to the prom with them. Even Jordan got a date, a player actually got a date.

Arlene says, "ask Anne, she's been turning down guys the whole morning."

I gulp what if she turns me down?

Arlene laughs, "you know Anne more than I do, she wouldn't turn you down, you're her friend who saved her from her enemy's claws and carry her to your house, you chose to do that, no one didn't force you."

She's right.

Arlene says, "I'm always right when it comes to love."

I watch Anne as she sits down at the table looking deep in thoughts. She looks at me and smiles, maybe Arlene is right.

I walk to the table and sit next to her, she whispers, "your face is red", shit she caught me blushing.

I deny, "no, but can you ask me if I am fine."

She sighs, "are you okay?"

I say, "no, the doctor says I am lacking vitamin U."

She blushes, bingo.

Jordan says, "dude seriously a cheesy pickup line?"

I kick him on his foot and say, "you always using it and girls fall for it", he frowns.

I eat my food and watch over at the next table, Stephanie is watching me. I hope she doesn't be prom queen this year that would be so funny.

After school, I go home and ask my mom for help.

I say, "mom, I am in love and don't know how to ask her to prom."

My mom smiles and demands, "finally, he's in love so who's the lucky girl? Have I met her before?"

I smile, "she's closer than you think."

My mom says, "tell me, please."

I say, "it's Anne."

My mom gasps, "I thought this would of never happen, I know you would have fallen for her, I am surprised it happens so late."

I laugh, "but I don't know how to ask her to prom."

I really don't know.

My mom says, "just ask her normal, nothing cheesy at all."

I nod.

________________

Ready to ship them?

Anstin?

Juanne?