Chapter 62- Graduation Day

I am finally graduating from this hell hole,  I am currently dressing for the ceremony with Arlene.

Dad shouts, "hurry up you guys, do you want to be late!"

Arlene says, "Anne, put on your gown and hat, I'll put on the makeup", I put on my blue gown.

I make sure I have my paper to say the speech and my camera.

We walk out of the room five minutes later, Stacy says, "picture time just one", I sigh.

Freddie is also coming since Nikki's parents can't make it, dad says, "my baby is all grown up", pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

I roll my eyes and look at the time, 1:45 pm the ceremony begins at 2:00 pm.

When we arrive at the school I see my classmates in their gowns and talking.

One of the guys says, "Hi Anne, we are finally getting out of here, thanks for helping me last year, or else I was never going to be here today."

I say, "no problem glad to help, don't repeat it in college", he nods.

I see the guys walking to me with all the equipment to set up the projector.

Justin and I have been dating for a month now and we don't make out in front of our friends at all.

I say, "Hi guys", while Justin hugs me.

Jordan says, "it's freedom baby, thank goodness, four years in here was not easy."

I laugh.

Carlos suggests, "let's go prank our dear principal one last time", he and Jordan leave.

Ian and Greg are wearing their gowns and hats, Austin is a junior so he'll be graduating next year.

Ian says, "Hi Anne, we are having a graduation party at the beach later, all of our friends are invited."

I nod.

We go to the gym and sit down in our seats.

Mr. Johnson says, "welcome the class of 2017, how does it feel to be graduating?"

Jack shouts, "good! We don't have to see your face anymore."

Everyone laughs.

Mr. Johnson chuckles, "yes, but I'll miss you guys, you all were a handful, but I managed", everyone chuckles.

He continues, "these four years have been preparing you guys for the outside world and since you have completed it, it's time to let you go. These four years showed respect, discipline, teamwork, and courage, this school made everyone this past school year have friends for the rest of their lives", he looks straight at me and I nod.

He adds, "it has seven special students who would like to show you all what they experienced this senior year, guys?"

My friends and I get up, all of our classmates cheer for us.

I walk up to the microphone and say, "Hello everyone, my name is Anastasia Montez some of you will know me as Anne, Ana, or nerd, but am the same person. This year has truly changed my life, new close friends, enemies turning into my friends, my first relationship which lasted about two months, was truly amazing. Now I'll like to show you guys all the pictures of my close friends and me from day one."

I turn to my friends.

The lights came off and the project comes on with the pictures.

The first one is with me and the guys hanging out at the cafeteria, the second day we met, I say, "this is the picture of my friends and me hanging out together, most of you will remember that."

The second one is when we went shopping at the mall, the pictures have the words underneath.

The third one is on Monday at school in my new outfit.

Twenty minutes later

The last picture was of us at prom then one with Justin and I kissing, I blush and people whistle.

I say, "congratulation class of 2017, we all make it and we are all in this together."

We all run outside in the field, then start singing, 'we're all in this together, from high school musical.

I dance with Justin and dad takes out a picture of my friends and me together. We all take out pictures with each other, then I see Brandon looking lonely.

I walk up to him and say, "Hi Brandy, come take a picture with us."

He smiles.

After taking out lots of pictures, I see Jessica and Bill, they hug me.

Jessica says, "you did it, Anne, you have graduated", I laugh.

Justin hugs me and says, "we did it." 

He kisses me.

-------------------

I am sitting on the sand leaning against Justin watching the sky.

I say, "I can't believe we graduate, it's been a long school year, I wonder what would of happen if we didn't meet?"

Justin sighs, "I don't know, but we still would have been friends since Carlos was your lab partner", I nod and he kisses my forehead.

"There you love birds are I've been looking for you guys for five minutes", Arlene says breathlessly.

I chuckle, "why?"

Arlene answers, "the boys are going to play have I never, wanna play?"

I look at Justin and he says, "sure let's go Anne", picking me up bridal style and start running with me.

_______________

The End.