Chapter 61- Best Prom Night - Part 2

I spend the next hour dancing, drinking, eating and talking with my friends. Brandon just chats with Blake, Jack, and some of the jocks, while Isabella looks around.

She kisses Brandon when I watch them, I roll my eyes.

The principal goes up on the stage, he says, "Hello everyone, in a while we'll be announcing prom king and queen", everyone cheers.

I see Stephanie putting on makeup and fixing herself, Nikki and Jackie are doing the same.

Three minutes later

"All four girls who signed up are Stephanie, Nikki, Jackie, and Anastasia"

I gasp, me?

Arlene smiles, "you'll thank me later", I go up on stage, all three girls are glaring at me.

"The boys are Justin, Jordan, Brandon, and Jack, come on up."

Everyone cheers.

We all wait for the results, the principal says, "our prom king is............. ", the drum rolls, "Justin James."

The gym erupts with applauds.

The teacher places the crown on Justin's head and shakes his hand. Jordan didn't look upset or angry, he looks happy.

"our prom queen is................. ", drum roll and Stephanie is about to walk up when the principal says, "Anastasia Montez!"

I gasp, Stephanie faints and I walk up for my crown.

Everyone cheers and Arlene is screaming the most.

The principal says, "congratulations, now you have to dance", Justin smirks at me.

We walk down the stairs, holding hands. Justin places his hands around my waist and I put mines around his neck. We dance to me and you by one direction.

I want this moment to last.

I look into Justin's eyes and they shine the color gray.

He looks into my eyes then at my lips and hesitates, he dips his head down and kisses me catching me off guard, I freeze. I kiss him back and feel butterflies in my stomach, is how kisses should feel?

We break off and I blush, he whispers, "I really like you Anne, and wouldn't be that jerk to hurt you, ever", then kiss me again.

Best Prom Ever

----------------

I wake up at 11:00 am, I came home late last night. After being crowned prom queen, Justin and I left and went to the broad walk and hang out. I think I was in love with Justin since the beginning of the year.

I shower and go downstairs, dad is out of the country and Stacy went to visit her mother, speaking of mothers I have to visit mine today before my friends come over.

I see Freddie cleaning the kitchen, I say, "Hi Fred, take the weekend off, I'll see you on Monday, and don't worry I'll tell dad to pay you for this weekend."

He says, "okay Anne if you say so and if you want me to come back tomorrow just call me."

I nod.

I eat my breakfast and look through my camera, the pictures from last night are beautiful.

My phone buzzes, I pick it up.

Jerk: Hi Anne, our first date is tomorrow evening, I'll pick you up at 6

Me: Okay

I leave the house thirty minutes later and drive to the prison. I walk inside got search then sign in, this time I'll use the telephone.

I sit down in the chair and wait for my mom.

She looks worst from the last time I saw her, I pick up the telephone and she did the same.

I say, "Hi mom, how are you going?"

Mom, "fine, I am glad you came and check me."

"Yeah well I have to because graduation is coming soon and then summer I'll be busy, then it's off to college."

"I'll miss you, but promise you'll come to check me before you leave for college", her blue eyes shine with hope.

I reply, "I promise mom, I will see you before I leave", she nods.

I add, "last night was prom and I was crowned prom queen, can you believe it?"

Mom laughs, "actually I can, you were always special your friends really changed you."

I smile, "yeah they did, they are good friends that I wouldn't trade for anything."

Mom, "when you coming to visit next time bring Jessica's son, I want to see him", I nod.

Me, "bye mom, see you in a couple of months", she kisses her fingers and waves them at me, I did the same.

When I got home I order pizza and watch TV until the girls arrive.

I watch 'camp rock 2: final jam', love that movie and high school musical 3 as well.

_________________