Special; A peek at a medics mind.

An; Image does not belong to me. Found it on Google. ERVERY BODEH LOVES GOOGLE!

"Oh Ratch! I was so scared! I-I missed you... A-all of you so much!"

Ratchet twitched as he typed away at his computer. His thoughts kept running back to Mika and her kissing him. While it had been a very quick thing, it was... well odd. He didn't really understand it. He still didn't know much about human actions and life styles, only knowing what the kids told or displayed around them. He also knew she was pretty drugged with pain medications and might of acted on the spur of a moment...

but..

"I thought I'd never see you again, that i'd never hear your incessant typing on the computer or complaining about us. Never hear your voice."

Did she truly miss him THAT much?

How could she?

He wasn't the nicest out of their group, and he always had them thinking that he disliked them. If anyone asked him he'd say he disliked humans, but deep down he was afraid.

As a young medic, Ratchet had many companions and friend. He had quite a few people that he was close to before the war hit. He was trained in combat and while he was a medic, he greatly disliked taking a life even that of a decepticon, he was also a solider. Ratchet disliked being on the battle field to much and opted to usually either stay behind to tend to the wounded or other technical things. Being a medic; he was needed a lot in the war as a lot of people got injured, gravely inured.

The amount of death he had seen, that he had witnessed first hand, and the death that happened when he hadn't been quick enough shook him to the core. He lost many a friends to the war, to the wounds he could not heal quick enough. He found it rather difficult to keep himself together as he struggled to heal his friends only to see the life drain from their optics.

Ratchet paused in his typing, the memories were painful...

He had distanced himself from people, from his friends and team (with the exception of Optimus who knew him better then anyone in the universe, for he had known Optimus even before he became a prime) as to protect them and himself. If he could keep them away, then he wouldn't risk their lives while he frantically tried healing them, and he himself wouldn't be hurt when he...

When he failed...

Ratchet, all in all, was afraid to get close to any of the humans.

They were small, fragile and all around a weak species. They could easily be killed and used against the bots that cared for them. All the cons had to do was step on them and they would be gone. Just like that.

Not only could they be easily used against fellow Autobots but their life spans in comparison to theirs was alarmingly small. Imagine the life span of a human compared to that of the common fly, that was how it felt for them describing the humans life span to theirs.

There one moment, and gone the next as if they never existed; leaving only memories behind.

Mika, she had been worming her way into his spark. From the moment she appeared at the base he could tell that she was someone that would grate on his nerves, he could tell that she would mean trouble.

He was right.

For he was caring for her more then he should and that terrified him.

He closed his optics, the memory of her sad yet relieved expression as he left the hospital room was almost permanently in his processor.

Could she possibly care for him more then she should as well? Was that what why she... kissed him?

He scowled to himself, frustrated at the lack of knowledge he had on humans and human interactions. Autobots were different in display of affections, they only had a few things in common with the humans in some of the usages.

Embracing was common among friends, family and loved ones. But Autobots did not 'kiss' as humans did and so it left him confused and not understanding.

This frustrated him, he didn't like not understanding things and so he had opted to research humans and their interactions. He was slightly disturbed by some of the things humans... did.

Okay he was beyond disturbed by a lot of them and was regretting even researching.

The action and emotion behind her 'kiss' suggested her feelings for him, feelings of more then friendship.

He felt his spark humm louder, could she really care for him like that?

Ratchet clenched mouth shut, no.

He could not allow this to progress any further. He was a cybertronian and she a human, it would never work. He was much older then her and would out live her, leaving him alone once more. She would be a weakness he didn't need, she would be something that anyone could use against him to hurt him. He couldn't allow that, he had to keep himself safe.

And... as her guardian he had to keep her safe.

He couldn't accept her feelings. He couldn't accept her... and so he thought it best to distance himself.

He had to hide how he felt and deny how she felt, he would be her guardian and nothing else.

At least... that's what he tried to tell himself as he smiled fondly when he heard Mika's warm greeting when Bulkhead brought her and Miko in.

And that is what he tried to convince himself of as she smiled up at him, golden eye's twinkling in happiness. Laughing as Grimlock, Riptide, and Lockjaw tackled her. Sending glances she thought he could not see before pretending she never glanced his way.

Yes, that is what he tried to do...

But maybe fate had other ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~~

OKAY GUYS! QUICK NOTE! I'm taking a SMALL break on the story so I can start updating Transformers; Daughter of the Allspark and Transformers; Whitewave. Now don't freak, this break isn't going to be tooooooo long, most likely a few days at the least and MAYBE *key word on MAYBE* a week. Most likely a few days okay? Alright! I hoped you enjoyed the short chappie, and Ratchets thoughts and feelings on things. I know its short but it's intended to be xE TY FOR READING AND TUNE IN NEXT TIME ON-

Transformers Prime; The Unwanted.