I Do, 3

Peter Jones in MM

———

"Sarah, I need you to clean up the studio for me. I have another artist coming through. Her name is Jhene Iko. She'll be here in 10 minutes, thank you." Peter's strong voice rang though the intercom.

I sigh, nodding as if he saw me. "Yes, Mr. Jones."

I left Christian in my office while he slept peacefully on the couch. I informed Jackie that Christian was in there and to watch him. She nodded happily, as I scurried off to the closer studio to Mr. Jones office.

Once everything was straight, a beautiful woman walked in with Mr. Jones right behind her. I stared at them, with the lyric to a song in hand.

"Jhene, this is my assistant, Sarah, Sarah, Jhene." Peter introduced.

I smile politely. "Hi, nice to meet you."

She smiled, giving me a dab. "What's popping fam."

What does that mean? Nothing popping... Unless someone is cooking popcorn in the break room.

I just smile, trying to mask my confusion.

"So, I have a song right here Ms. Iko, the booth is right there, let's get jiggy with it." Peter said, snatching the lyrics out my hand.

I gasp.

Rude much?

"Alright." As she walked on the booth, looking over the lyrics, annotating it, I guess, adding her flavor to it. Peter grabbed my arms, dragging me out studio.

He begins to pace back and forth, with a mean glare on his face. "What did you do to me?"

I shake my head. "What are you talking about? I didn't do nothing to you, Peter."

"Yes, you did." He snapped.

"Like what, Peter. What did I do I you, huh?" I asked, folding my arms.

I'm getting frustrated with him accusing me.

He stopped pacing, turning around to stare at me. The look he has in his eyes is unbearable pain and undying love. "All I think about is you. You make me want to treat you so right. I have never ever felt this way toward a woman, but you, you changed it. I need you so much. I love you, Sarah. Please, just give us a chance."

I put my head down, avoiding his stare. I like Peter, I really really do, but I just can't.

"Peter, I--"

"Before you say anything, just please think about it. I need you and Christian in my life." He grabbed my hands.

Maybe I should give it a try. I need him too and so does Christian. Christian needs a man in his life. A women can't raise a son by herself. A woman can't raise a boy up to be a man.

How to dribble a ball, how to talk to a lady, how to walk like a man.

A mother can't.

I stare up at Peter and smile. "I've known you for a long time and you just simply make me happy. I denied you because my past and I don't want my past to be the reason I no longer love. I need you too and so does Christian. I'll give it a try."

His eyes widened and he ran over to me, hugging me. "Oh, my God. Are you serious? You're willing to give us a chance?"

I smile, nodding. "Yes."

"I love you so much." He leaned in to place a sweet loving kiss on my cheek.

"I-I—"

He cuts me off, smiling. "You don't have to say it right now."