I Do, 8

Sarah Marshall

I was released from the hospital, finally, but my mind was still clouded with Peter. I haven't talked to him since our minor differences in the hospital room.

I also haven't been to work three days and now it's starting to get the best of me.

I understand the doctors and other people want me to be one hundred percent before returning to work, but without working how am I suppose to keep that income going? But at the same time, it's my fault. I knew my body was sore and weak dehydration and I tried to keep going, and I know I can't.

But thank the Lord for His grace and mercy, I don't have to be at that funky hospital no more.

Hopefully I can stay outta that place for a while.

Today marks my first day trying to get in contact with Peter and my first day back at work after the incident in the studio.

I walked into the room with Christian by my side and a water bottle in hand. I dropped Christian off to Ms. Jackie's desk and headed to Peter's office.

I knock twice, hearing nothing. I sigh, knocking again.

"What do you want?" I jump hard, holding on to my chest. I turned around to see Peter dressed in his usual attire. Jeans and a white shirt.

"I-I uh," I cleared my throat, trying to stop my hands from shaking and knees from bucking. "I wanted to talk to you."

"Come on," he unlocked his office door and I sit down quickly. "What's up?"

"I miss you." I mumbled, dropping my head.

"Is that all? I have a business to take care of." He said harshly.

"N-no, what do you need for me to for you, Mr. Jones?" I asked, feeling a bit defeated.

"Nothing. Please leave my office." He demanded.

I drop my head and nodded. "Okay."

I walked out, tears blurring my vision. I walk to the main lobby, wiping my tears. I can't believe this.

I've upset him to the point where he doesn't even want me in his presence.

I keep my head down, walking to the empty studio room. I sit down on one of stools, trying to calm down.

I wish I had enough courage to tell him about this stupid dream. I just want to be happy. I can't believe this nonsense right now.

I can't. This is ridiculous. We're adults and he won't even acknowledge me and muster up the dignity to accept that the things I see in my head are just to violent and risky for him to know.

I stand up, preparing myself to leave. As I open the door, it rushed open, hitting my in the face. I fall back, letting out a scream.

"Shit, I'm sawry. I ain' see ya' in hea'. You good, ma? Did I hit cha? If I did, I ain' mean ta. I'm sawry." A voice said.

I held on to my nose, feeling liquid flow from it. I open my eyes, looking at my hands to see blood covering them. I shake my head, feeling myself get upset.

"Sarah, I'm sawry. I jus' had a new idea fa' a song and dey' tol' me dis room was empty. I apologize. Puh-lease, forgive me."

I looked up and see that August was staring down at me with the most beautiful worried expression on his angelic face. I couldn't help but all my anger and frustration to leave my body and crack a smile on my bloodied face.

"Help me to the restroom, please." I say, still covering my face.

He lifted me up and helped me to the restroom. I held my head up, walking past everyone who stared worriedly at me and my bloodied face.

I was about to stop him from walking inside the girl's restroom, but he walked in, not giving me a chance to stop him.

"Nah, I ain' leavin'. Iounno care who walk in eitha'." He said, wetting a paper towel and wiping off dry and wet blood.

"I know how to care for myself. I've been doing it for a while now." I said, taking the towelette out of his hands.

"But, dis lil injury is ma' fault, so right na, let me care fa' you, baybeh girl." He said, taking back the towelette.

I blush and let him clean my face. Once the blood was all gone, I drop my head in embarrassment.

It's kind of embarrassing getting hit by a door on the nose, then having the same man that hit you with the door, help you with your bloody nose... Inside the women's restroom. Awkward

"Lift ya' head. You too beautiful." He said, staring deep onto my eyes.

August Alsina

"Lift ya' head. You too beautiful." I said, starin' deep inta' ha' eyes.

She lifted her head, smilin' softly. "Thank you, August."

I licked ma' lips, mistakenly bitin' down on ma bottom lip. I grab her chin, pullin' ha' closer ta' me. She looked at me wit' worried eyes.

In her eyes, dey screamed fa' love and it made me wonder if Peter was lovin' on ha' like he should.

"I won't hurt ya' baybeh," I said, slowly strokin' ha' cheek.

She's a beautiful ass woman. From her God fearin' personality to ha' enchantin', glowin' ass skin. She's a goddess.

"Let me go," She whispered, pullin' at ma' arms.

She wanted me to let her go, but she kept pullin' me in. Physically and mentally.

"I'm sawry." I said.

"Let me go, please."

I let ha' go and she pulled me into a hug. I rubbed her back, feeling her tears hit my shirt.

Her skin felt hot and I knew she was mad at somethin'.

"Why are you the way you are? Why couldn't he be like you? I was so good ta' him and he jus' did that ta' me. I was so faithful to him and I loved him. I did everything fa' him. I stole fa' him, lied fa' him, I even disobeyed my parents fa' him! I was so ready ta' set people up fa' him! He hurt me so bad! Why me? I told him I wanted ta' wait and he promised me he'll wait and he didn't. He didn't. I wanted ta' marry him, and he did dis. I'm a damaged woman because of him. He hurt me so bad and all I wanted was love!" She cried, clingin' on ta' ma' waist.

"Shh, it's okay."

At dis' moment, I ain' know what ta do, or what ta' say. I was confused as fuck bout all dis. I don't know what da fuck she talm bout.

I want ta say she talm bout Peter, but she would've said his name.

"It's not! He used me. He did me so dirty and I wish I wasn't so young minded and foolish when I met him. Only one good came out of that horrible nightmare and that's my baby boy. Lord, forgive me, but I'll be damned if I let anything happen ta' my baby." She cried, but you could tell she was heated.

"Look, I tol' you if ya' needed a friend I'll be hea'. You gon' always have a friend in me ta' confide in. You can tell me anything, think of me as ya' best friend. Whenever ya' ready ta' talk, remember, I'll be hea' always. I might not have all da' answas and shit, but God does and if a friend in me ain' whatcha want, Jesus specializes in broken hearts and broken spirits." I said, kissin' the top of ha' head.

Ha' cries soon ended, but the tears didn't. I watched ha' cry silently on ma' chest, she would let out a lil hiccup ever now and then.

She cleared ha' throat and wiped ha' tears. I stood back starin' at ha' as she fixed ha'self to look presentable again.

"August, thank you so much, but I have to go." She gives me a quick hug and left out the restroom quickly.

I can already tell ha' testimony gon' be incredible. She a strong, powerful woman.