I Do, 23

Sarah Marshall

From Peter: Why are you not at work?
Received at 12:39

From Peter: Remember what I told you yesterday.
Received at 12:43

From Peter: Bet. Ima be over there in a little since you think you can do this shit to me.
Received at 12:57

I sighed, reading all of the text messages I had received from Peter. Yesterday was really an eye opener for me. I have to get away from Peter. Which means, I have to find a different apartment building to live at, change my number, and find a different job. August thought it would be better if I didn't work for Peter anymore. At first I wasn't to fond of that idea, because I obviously need a job so I can be able to take care of Christian and myself. But after talking to August more, the idea was starting to make sense. I didn't want to be uncomfortable or scared at work.

"Who textin yo phone? Shit been goin off since I picked y'all up?" August asked.

"Peter. He's on his way to my place, I guess." I shrugged, walking away from August to go check on Christian.

Once I seen that he was okay, I walked back into August's room.

"Walk away from me again and it's gon be a problem." August said, pulling me to him.

I smirk, pushing him away from me. "You don't want these problems."

His right eyebrow rose and he began square up with me. "What's good then? You been talkin slick since I met yo big headed ass."

I laughed, covering my mouth. "I'd rather have a big head then a super strong chin."

He laughed, clapping his hands. "Aight, aight, you got that one. Don't say that shit no more."

I smiled , hugging him. "I'm sorry, August.

"Gon' chile. You hurt ma' feelins." He said, pouting.

I stare at his lips wanting to kiss him, but I didn't want to cross certain boundaries.

"Why you starin at a nigga?" He smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Because I really want to kiss you, b-but I'm scared." I mumbled, letting my head drop.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want Peter to find out and hit me again. He always finds a way to just pop up." I said.

I felt August's finger under my chin as he lifts my head back up. "He not gon' touch you baybeh, I gotchu."

He leaned down to my level and placed his soft lips on mine. I smile into the kiss, wrapping my arms tighter around his neck. Kissing August is a dream come true. I knew right here, right now, I was in love with August Alsina.

I pulled away, staring up at him. His eyes were locked on mine, clenching his jaw. I love him a lot already and I have no idea if he feels the same way. Should I tell him?

"August, I-I think I love you." I blurted out and immediately wanted to die from the look on his face.

" I blurted out and immediately wanted to die from the look on his face