I Do, 31

Sarah Marshall

"Where are we going, Aug?"

"A park. We gon have a lil family gatherin thea, since lil man couldn't enjoy his birthday."

I suddenly felt super guilty about Christian not having his birthday party. I know what happened wasn't my fault, but it still upset me that my baby did nothing for his birthday but eat out at a restaurant.

"Pick ya head up, Sarah." August said. "It ain' ya fault."

"I know, I know," I sighed. "I just wish all that didn't happen on his birthday, you know."

"I know, but we not gon focus on what happened that day, we gon focus on what's ta come fa taday." He said, glancing at me.

"Okay." I nodded.

I was honestly hesitant about being outside in the open. One, August has an ridiculous amount of fans, who will do anything to get near him and two, Raymond.

Although he hasn't been around since Christian's birthday, I was still paranoid that I would run into him being outside.

"Look at the birdies." Christian said, making me smile a little. "What's they name? Is they seagans?"

"It's seagulls, baby." I corrected, giggling lowly.

"Seagulls? What's a seagull?" He asked.

"The birds flying around." I answered.

"Oh." He said, leaning back in his booster seat.

"Y'all ready fa dis lil fun gatherin? We can barbecue ova thea and lil man can play onna swing right thea." He parked the car and pointed at the playground, which was filled with kids and an empty barbecue grill.

"Let's go." Christian said, quickly taking off his seatbelt and slid down from his booster seat.

As Christian got out the car, he went over to Aug's side and opened the door for him.

"Can I go play?" He asked so sweetly.

"Ask yo momma."

I couldn't see Christian's reaction, but as he walked over here, his head was down and he was playing with his fingers. He slowly opened the door on my side and kept his head down.

This gesture did hurt my feelings, but I didn't want to show him that. Nor do I want to display this reaction to August.

"C-can I go play, mommy?"

I pushed his wild curls back and lifted his head. "Only if I can get hugs and kisses?"

He smiled and quickly gave me what I've been needing. He grabbed my cheeks and gave me a kiss.

I laughed, "Alright, go play, but stay close, okay?"

"Okay." He said and ran over to the playground.

"Shut the do' real quick." August said. I shut the door and looked over at him. I began to blush when I see he's already looking at me.

"What?" I tried my best not to smile because of the look he was giving me.

He licked his lips and smirked. "You good, baybeh?"

"Stop looking at me like that." I mumbled.

"Like what?"

"Like I'm your food or something." I shrugged.

"You are ma food. I wanna see what you taste like."

"Bye, August." I got out the car and shook my head.

If I stayed in that car with his nasty self, we'd be working on baby number two and ain't nobody got time for that.