I Do, 19

Sarah Marshall.

"It looks like we have the type of evidence to win this case and have Ms. Parker behind bars." My lawyer said smiling.

I nodded my head smiling. "What about Raymond?"

"Um, see that's the problem. In the video, there's no signs of foul play on his end. He looks like he actually came in to save your son. We will need more evidence if you feel as if he's a threat to you and your son." He said, making my smile disappear.

"What do you mean? That maniac broke into my apartment. Isn't that enough?"

"Ms. Marshall, please calm down and listen to me. The video you send has no audio, so there's no telling what was said. For all we know, Christian, your son, was screaming out in pain, as loud as he possibly can and Raymond, the child's father, rushed in to save his son. That's how the courts will perceive it."

"I'm listening, but what I'm not understanding is he beat me and raped me, isn't there something within those lines that–"

"Ms. Marshall, you're not listening. He served his time in Orleans Parish Prison for his previous chargers. Unless you have new information and evidence as of right now on his acts, I cannot help you." He states.

I bit my bottom lip, sighing. "Okay."

He looks at me and nods his head. "Okay. I spoke to the judge and after the Child Protective Service does their investigation, which is tomorrow, the court will set up a date for you. I'll contact you about the dates."

"Okay." I gather my things and literally speed walked out of his office.

Once I exit the building, I see Chris' car parked right in front. I jog to the car, letting myself in.

"What they say?" He asked, pulling off.

"We have enough evidence to put Parker in jail, but not any for Raymond because in the video he was playing hero." I answered back, rolling my eyes.

"That's dumb as fuck. Bet bread the courtroom just as corrupt as the police. If you was a white woman, they'd already have Raymond and Parker in prison." He said shaking his head.

"I don't even care anymore. As long as he keeps his distance from us, I'm fine." I laid my head on the window.

"You told yo lil boyfriend yet?" I heard Chris ask.

"What little boyfriend? And told who what?"

"Aug and you know what we talked about yesterday. I'm not bout to say it."

"What were we talking bout?"

"I'm not finna say it. So think back in that big ass head of yours and recall what we talked about on the phone." He said, making me straight face him.

"You're rude." I roll my eyes, trying to think about the conversation we had yesterday. My kind is literally clouded with so much that the only thing I've been really thinking about is Christian, Raymond, Parker, and Peter. I stare at the side of Chris' face, biting the inside of me cheek, trying to figure out what in the world was he talking about.

"You a dumbass sometimes. Did you tell August we fucked?"

"Oh! No, not yet. I've been so caught up in trying to get the cps off my back and the case together. I'll tell him later on tonight. I'm going to go visit him while he does these trailers for his album."