I Do, 38

Peter Jones.

"Hey, baby." Mother said, walking into my office.

"Hey ma." I mumbled.

"Why you look so sad?" She asked, coming over to give me a hug and a kiss.

I accepted the gesture and gave her a kiss on the cheek back. "Nothing, just thinking."

"About?" She sat down in the chair across from me.

"Sarah."

Even saying her fuckin name made me want to snap. I can't stand that dumb bitch, yet I couldn't live without her. I needed her in my life.

"Peter, after what her and that skinny little anger filled boy done did to you, you still want her? Just like yo damn father. Don't know how to let go of these toxic ass females." She scolds, rolling her eyes.

"It's something about her, mother. Though she's everything I hate, I love everything about her."

"You sound so contradicting. Are you taking your medication?"

I clenched my jaw, nodding. "Yes, I am."

"Which one, because ain't no damn way you taking your medication and still acting like you ain't got no damn sense. Now, I'm going to ask you again and if you sit here and lie in my face, I got you." She threatened, staring hard at me.

I sighed, shaking my head. "No, I haven't. I haven't gotten around to doing it consistently. I'll take it one day then the next days, I'm not."

"I'm about to get up and beat yo ass. Why not?!" She yelled.

"Because Sarah! Without her, I can't think straight, I can't act straight, or live straight. When I had her in my life, I was consistent with it, taking it everyday. Now, it's choppy." I shrugged.

"Let me call her and arrange this brunch. When you get her, take your fucking medication." She threw her two shoes at me, making one hit me in the face.

I mugged her, clenching my jaw. "Stop, Mother. My face is already bruised up from fighting her little boy toy. I don't need anymore damage done to me."

"You knew what he was capable of when you decided to mess with him. You need to ask yourself if Sarah is really worth all of this trouble and damage to you and your body." She said, making me nod.

Of course she worth it.

As my mother left, I couldn't help but think about what she said. I knew what August was capable of and yet I toyed with him. I knew and yet, I provoked him.

Provoke him more. Don't you want Sarah to yourself?

"Yes, I do. But, how can I get her alone. I'm sure if mother sets this brunch together, he's going to be there." I mumbled, trying to piece everything together.

Hopefully, Mother gets a hold of Sarah, because if they can get together and hang out in an secluded area, it can be easy for you to get here. But, August.

"How can I get rid of him? Now that he knows what I want and what I'm after, he's going to be more aware of their surroundings and the people he allows her to be around."

Notice how he seem to go crazy when your around her?

"Yes." I mumbled, leaning forward in my chair.

Don't have mother take Sarah to a secluded area. Have them go to a coffee shop or just somewhere in the open.

"Why?" I mumbled, rubbing my hands together.