1

"DAVID! YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE!" Ilse yelled. It broke my heart, but I knew she was right.

The baby started to cry. "Great," she sighed. "Just great." I touched her shoulder. She shrugged me off. "Please go. Go out. Go downstairs. Go somewhere." She turned to the baby's room.

          "Ilse..." I tried.

          "JUST GO!" She yelled. Fine. I thought. But I'm coming back.

          I looked at her one last time before grabbing my coat and walking out of the door. Maybe fame was turning me into an asshole. Maybe I shouldn't listen to my managers every word. It was hurting Ilse and I love her. I want to marry her.

          I want to marry her. The new feeling of need crossed my mind. I needed to marry her. She needs to be mine for the rest of our lives.

          I walked down the crowded London street. I tried to explain to Ilse that the groupies that my manager wanted me to take pictures with were props, nothing more. This isn't what her and the baby deserve.

I kicked at a stone on the ground and shoved my hands deep in my pockets. There was some commotion from a bar across the street. Stopping dead in my tracks I turned and stared in at the people having fun and laughing hard at each other.

The door swung open as I ran across the street and jogged in. I sat at the counter and told the bar tender anything hard would do. Soon, I was laughing and talking with anyone who sat next to me. Sometimes it was a pretty girl or a man.

Once a girl pulled me out of the bar. Of course I quickly came to my senses and brushed her off, walking down the street not looking back. I kept my head down and walked against the wind. I pushed the door to a jewelry store.

"I need an engagement ring..." I trailed off. "A nice one."