18

David woke me up early to eat breakfast before we went over to our new house. We were still shaken up from last night and the big win that we got. As David ate his last piece of toast and brushed the crumbs off of his hands, I walked up behind him and kissed his neck.

"Are you ready?" He asked with his mouth full. I nodded while thinking about our kids. "I wonder how our girls are." He said out loud.

"They will be fine, they're good girls." I said nonchalantly picking lint off of my shirt. "Lets go to the house and sit by the pool." He shrugged, grabbed his keys and went to go start the rental.

He held my hand until we got to the house. When we got there, there were men still working on the outside of our house, but the pool was already good to swim in. I jumped for joy and took off my dress and ran into the pool. David slowly jogged behind me. "How is it?" He shouted from halfway across the yard.

I spit water out of my mouth and replied, "It's wonderful! Come join me!" He walked over to the edge of the pool and put his feet in. I took hold of his hand and pulled him in, clothed and all. He went under and when he popped up his I could see he was shocked.

Before he could say anything, I kissed him and wrapped my legs around his waist. I ran my fingers through his hair and he held me close to him and kissed back. "I love you." He said taking a breath and kissing me again. I grinned and let go of him, keeping my legs around his waist.

"I love you too." I said back. I let go of him and he hopped up onto the side of the pool to take off his shirt. Before he came back in he turned on a radio that one of the workers must have had left earlier that day.

"What do you want to listen to baby-love?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter." I said. He turned on a country station and jumped back into the pool.

***

"Do you want to get ice cream? I saw a little store on our way here." David said as we lay in reclining chairs watching the sun go down. I put down my book and looked at him.

"Sure, why not." I replied. David helped me out of my chair.

          He got me a scoop of strawberry ice cream and he got a scoop of Vanilla. I licked his occasionally and went back to mine so I could taste the mixture is strawberry and vanilla together.

          The sun was behind the trees now. He took my hand. "We better stay at the house tonight." David said. My stomach turned over at the thought of staying at the house for the first time.

          "O-okay." I sputtered. He looked at me and pulled me in close to him.

          "I know it's a big house," he whispered protectively in my ear. "You'll get used to it after a while." After he said that, I felt better and stepped up to the big door.

          David closed it behind us with his foot and chased me up the grand stairway, grabbing my waist occasionally. I giggled and pushed my way into a bedroom all the way at the end of the hall.

          I plopped on the bed and pulled off my dress, only leaving me in my underwear and bra. David took of his shirt and gave it to me to wear. I took it as goosebumps crawled up my stomach before I slipped his shirt over my bare torso.

          He watched every one of my moves carefully as if he would miss something if he looked away.

          I threw back the covers as David took off his pants and crawled into bed behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled his nose in my neck as we drifted off to sleep.