8

I sat straight up in bed and looked over at Ilse. Her face was peaceful and asleep. I looked at the clock on the table near our bed before leaning over and kissing her lips softly. She moaned and turned her body towards me. I kissed her again and she wrapped her arms around my bare chest. Again and she opened her beautiful green eyes and looked deeply into mine.

          She kissed me before turning over and getting out of bed. I watched as she pulled on her sweatpants and put her hair in a bun. She motioned for me to follow her into the girls room. I stood behind her and held her waist as we looked Roslyn and Maureen cuddled together in Maureen crib. Ilse reached and brushed the hair out of Roslyn's face, her eyelashes fluttered.

Ilse walked to the kitchen of our farmhouse and put on the coffee. She smiled and poured me a cup. I sipped from the cup as she followed me onto our wraparound porch. I sat down in the lazy boy chair and she sat on my lap kissing my neck. We looked at the mountains and she sighed. "Im going to take the girls to see the twins today." She said yawning.

          Maureen came waddling out of the sliding door and Roslyn came walking out after her also yawning. They sat on the ground dangling their feet off the edge of the porch. Violet jumped up on Ilse's lap and Zoey and Jack went to the girls.

          I  smiled and started to hum. Ilse blushed and kissed me. I ran my fingers through her hair. She smiled and pulled away. "I have to go get them dressed."

          "I'll come with you." I said as she slipped off my lap. I picked up Maureen and kissed her forehead. She wriggled out of my arms and ran straight into the house to the bathroom. When I got there she was sitting in the tub with all her clothes on.

          Ilse came in with Roslyn and sat her on the toilet, grabbing Maureen. She pulled her shirt off and started to run the water.

          Five minutes later they were throwing bubbles at each other and laughing. I sat and watched them while Ilse went to get some clothes.

          I started to think, it's good that they are so close in age. Because they will always be able to share clothes. We just celebrated Maureen's 2nd birthday before we moved into the farmhouse. They grew up too fast.

          When Ilse came back she washed them off and changed them. I kissed her as I brushed passed her in the doorway.