3

"David!" Ilse yelled laughing and pulling her coat over her head. Her shirt lifted over her stomach that was now back to its original flatness. The rain poured down into my eyes as Ilse ran into my arms and kissed me hard on the lips.

          I looked at her longingly. She slipped her hands though my reddish blond hair as we stood on the sidewalk. "Ilse..." I murmured, pressing my forehead against hers and pecking her on the lips. I got down on one knee.

"Ilse Carolyn Williams, the love of my life. Will you marry me?" Her eyes filled with tears as I stood up and slipped the ring on her finger. I kissed her as the rain poured on us. She pulled away.

"David?" She kissed me once again.

"Hmm?" I responded kissing her back.

She smiled at me and slipped something into my hand. I looked down at it as the words left her mouth. "I'm pregnant."

I looked up at her and smiled widely. "Oh Ilse that's wonderful. Oh my." I put my hand on my heart and laughed with joy. "We need to get you inside." I took her hand as she slipped off her heals and held them in her hand. We ran the rest of the way to out hotel pent house.

When we got home, Roslyn-Charlotte was asleep and our baby sitter was sitting on the couch with a book. I paid her and she left. Ilse stripped off all of her wet clothes to her underwear and gathered all her wet hair, putting it in a bun. "How long have you known?" I asked, walking into our room.

"Just about four weeks." She answered, following me. Her voice got quieter as she went into the baby's room and I went into ours.

I changed into dry clothes and walked to Roslyn-Charlottes room, leaning against the door frame. "Is it too soon?" I asked.

"No, I don't think so. My body should be fine." She grinned at me as she lay the baby down on the changing table. "We can have more kids. If you'd like..." she trailed off and turned her back to me. I walked up behind her and put my hands on her bare hips.

"I would love to have more children with you." I whispered in her ear. She turned slightly and kissed me. "I have a concert tomorrow. Will you come?"

"I'm sure Ros would love to hear her daddy. Wouldn't you Ros?" She pressed her nose lightly against hers, giving her an Eskimo kiss. She finished changing the baby and put her back in the crib, Turing out the light as we walked out. She went into the closet and came out with one of my shirts on.

"I asked Juilliard if they would take me back." She walked to her side of the bed and I walked to mine. "They said that I could come back any time that I'd like." She said pulling back the covers and crawling in. "I only need two more years to graduate."

          "That's wonderful." I said kissing her ear and turning out my light.