27

*One year later*

          I snuck up behind Ilse as she peered out If the window, watching Blair buckle the girls into the car. She didn't speak but only turned around.

She pressed her lips to mine and wrapped her arms around me walking with me towards the couch and pushing me into it. I cooperated without saying a word.

Ilse sat on my lap facing me and holding my face.

The front door opened and we both whipped our heads around to see it was Blair. Ilse's shirt was halfway off and she started to laugh.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" She grabbed Maureen's book off of the table and slipped out of the door again.

Ilse looked back at me, standing and walking over to the door, locking it. When she came back to me and sat again I pulled her shirt off the rest of the way.

I kissed her chest and neck as she squirmed. I stood up and carried her to our bedroom without breaking our kiss. She dropped to the floor and took off the rest of her clothes. I looked at her and did the same.

She crawled in the bed and motioned for me to follow, and I did. Meeting her lips and kissing her once again I pushed her back on the bed and fell on top of her.

          Ilse moaned and ran her fingers down my back as I chuckled at her and kissed her neck and face and lips.

          "C'mon David." She whispered in my ear and kissing it.

***

          I woke up to Ilse sitting naked on my torso and kissing my chest.

         "Are you ready?" She asked. I nodded and rolled over on top of her once more. We made love and then took a nap.

***

          The second time I woke up that day there was afternoon light streaming in through the large window. Ilse had pulled on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt as I put on a pair of sweatpants.

          Part of me wished I could go back to sleep, mostly because I loved laying in bed with Ilse by my side but also because I haven't gotten much rest the past year with so many concerts.

          Ilse had joined an orchestra close to home and when she was practicing I would have to watch the girls. We haven't gotten to spend time together in weeks.

          I opened a drawer in the bedside table on my side and grabbed the pregnancy test, handing it to Ilse.

          She led the way into the bathroom. I watched her face as she peed on the stick and placed it on the counter.

          "Okay, done. No peeking." She kissed me and whispered "make me breakfast."

          I hurried after her and held her hand down to the kitchen. Ilse had requested a mushroom omelette which I happily made for her.

          When we were done eating we slowly walked to the bathroom once again. This time we were very serious.

Ilse picked up the test and her face instantly lit up. She walked over to me with the test and looked down at it again as I did. It was positive.

She hopped into bed again and so did I, this called for celebration, after all, we were having a baby.