26

Maureen curled up close to me and Ilse rolled over, facing away from us.

          I wrapped my arms around Maureen and kissed the top of her head. "I love you, baby." My thick accent came out.

          Maureen only looked at a person when they spoke and she never responded, I always wondered if she understood.

"I love you too, daddy." Her voice was unlike Ilse's or Ros'. Her voice was thick with a British accent, like mine. I looked strangely at her and knitted my eyebrows. I nudged Ilse sharply with my elbow.

"Ouch" she said dazedly. "What David, what?" Instead of answering her I looked back at Maureen.

"Baby? Do you love mommy?" I asked her. Maureen stood on the bed and sat on my midsection.

"I love mommy, too." Maureen answered laying down and pressing her face to mine. Ilse shot straight up, rousing Ros in the progress.

"Baby! You spoke." Maureen nodded, earning a kiss on the forehead. We sat around talking as Ros curled up on Ilse's lap and fell back asleep.

Maureen began to nod off as well and me and Ilse brought them both to their room.

I need to get some work done. I thought. Without saying anything, I headed towards my office and Ilse followed.

I sat on my rolling chair that was positioned between my desk and recording equipment. Ilse sat on my lap with her long legs splayed across the armrests and her arms wrapped around my waist.

          I opened up my notebook full of lyrics and started to think up more to finish the unfinished lyrics.

          Ilse rolled onto the floor and then stood up and disappeared out of the door and a round the corner. Only a few minutes later I heard banging from downstairs. I rested my head on the book and closed my eyes tightly, trying to focus.

          When I looked back up Ilse walked in with a plate with two grilled cheeses piled on it and two wine glasses filled with red wine. She placed the plate on the desk and crawled back on my lap, picking up the plate once more when she got situated.

          I looked at her bare legs and noticed that she was only wearing underwear and one of my button up shirts, presumably found on the floor.

          She picked up a sandwich from the plate located on her stomach and ripped it in half, taking a bite and holding the piece in front of my mouth. I took a bite and started to write without thinking.

         A while later Ilse held up a half empty wine glass to my lips, I sipped obediently.

          At this time, I had stopped writing and directed all of my attention to Ilse. She giggled and kissed my face before kissing my lips. I held her there and our lips moved perfectly together, I could feel her open her eyes, prompting me to open mine.

          There, her beautiful hazels were in front of me. I pulled away from her lips and she blushed and looked away. As did I.