2

When I walked back into the house, Ilse was asleep with Roslyn-Charlotte on the couch. The hockey game was still on from earlier. I slid out baby from her arms. She was getting heavy. Six months ago she was born and growing too fast.

          Ilse stirred as I walked into the baby's room to lay her down. When I walked back out Ilse was back to her original position. "I'm sorry Ilse..." I trailed off and kissing her head.

          "I knew you would come back." She smiled. "I'm still mad at you. But I guess I overreacted." She said.

          "You didn't." I said. "Your reaction was right. You and Ros deserve better." She shook her head.

          "You are her dad. We're her parents and she needs both of us." She looked away.

" Ilse." I said suddenly. "After all this..." I gestured, "I want to move to Vermont." She snapped her head to look at me.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"I haven't been more sure in my life." I replied

***

"Oh David," she sighed, resting her chin on her hand and propping up her elbow. She leaned in and softly kissed my lips. I deepened the kiss and pulled her closer to me. She broke the kiss and plopped on her back, pulling the covers up over her body.

"You are so beautiful, Ilse." I said, softly.

"I forgive you David..." she sighed, closing her eyes.

"Wha-what?" I stammered.

"I forgive you." She plainly stated again. "But I don't think we can go to Vermont just yet. We would have to go home and pack up our apartment. Ros has never been there." She looked at me and I nodded.

"We only have a couple more weeks in England..." she silenced me with a kiss. I brushed my tongue against her lips and she opened her mouth.

          "David?" She asked.

          "Hmm?" She looked at me and smiled. She sat up and let the covers fall around her body. I looked at her and smiled.

          "I love you." She slid closer, kissed my bare chest and rested her head in the crook of my neck.