23

Halfway through the movie I passed out and awoke as "Learn to be Lonely" played and the credits rolled. David was playing with my hair with his eyes closed. "David?" I asked.

        He opened his eyes and moaned. "Ilse?"

         "I had a dream about something and it seemed like it could potentially be a good idea."

         "Continue." He said, now looking down at me. I pulled the blanket under my chin.

          "So I dreamed that I was in an orchestra and it got me thinking about how I could further my career with music. Maybe one day I could tour with you." I sighed and pictured myself with a cello or violin. Any string instrument; it didn't matter.

          "That's a good idea Ils." David replied. I ran it through my brain once more and nodded.

          "It's a possibility and plus I have a degree in music." A shiver ran up my spine. "We should go out tonight."

          "Where are you thinking?" David asked. I knew he would be okay with almost anywhere.

          "Maybe a drive-in movie?" I asked him.

          "That sounds like something that I could make happen, babylove." He bent down and grabbed my face and kissed me. My nose poked his chin and he laughed. He kissed me again more passionately. I giggled and he repositioned himself so he was hovering above me.

"Not now, Davy." I giggle-moaned.

"Awww" he said, pouting his bottom lip.

"Wouldn't you rather go in the hot tub?" I asked grinning. He nodded enthusiastically and rolled off of me.

I stood up quickly and slid across the floor and through the hallway to the screen. I threw off my cloths and let the rain pour over my naked body. David stood behind me and put his hand on my shoulders making me shiver even more. "Cold, love?" He asked and I nodded, holding my elbows and walking to the hot tub.

I stepped in and let David slide in behind me. He rested his chin on the top of my head and hummed softly to me. "I don't think that the movie will be playing if it continues to rain like this."

"I guessed. We could go to dinner." I responded. He thought about this one and nodded.

"A nice one." He said. I could feel him grin and he took in a deep breath to finish his sentence. "I want to dress up and show off my beautiful wife." He said.

"What about the press and paparazzi?" I asked still blushing a little and my heart beating fast.

"We can handle it. It's not as bad as it used to be. You would think it would be the other way around." He breathed in and out roughly. I leaned back and closed my eyes. He kissed my nose and I smiled at him.

          He shifted behind me and I sat up, making sure my hair didn't get wet. I moved to the other side and tangled my legs with his before closing my eyes. He let out a breath.

          "I think I need to cool off." I nodded with my eyes still cold and felt him stepping out. Then I felt his arms wrap around me and he picked me up. I moaned as he walked with me over to the pool and let out a grasp when the cold water touched my feet.

          He let me go and I stood up looking at him before lowering myself to my shoulders. "This feels good." I said, letting out a sigh. David nodded an dove under and I stood up and hopped out of the pool only leaving my feet in the water. He swam up and grabbed my ankles before resting his arms and chin on my bare thighs.

"Still not trying to get your hair wet, hmm?" He smiled up at me. I nodded and kissed the top of his head. "You're adorable." He sighed.

          I could feel my cheeks getting hot as I stood up. He wolf whistled at me as I walked into the house. When I closed the door, I slid to the floor and giggled. I love him so much, I thought. I turned and looked out of the window at him, trying to keep low.

          David was swimming laps across the pool and I could see the muscles flexing in his back. I turned back around and sighed.

          David is the love of my life. I knew that now. I love him so damn much. David was still swimming as I stood up and walked to the shower.

***

          I sat in the car as David walked over to my side and opened the door. After he closed it I linked my arm in his. "Thank you David. I had an amazing time."

          He kissed my temple and said, "I have something else planned." He lead me into the backyard and sat on the ground before lying back. I followed and looked at him excitedly as the wet grass started to seep through the fabric of my dress.

           Although it had been a rather stormy day, the night sky was clear, "Star-gazing." I whispered. He smiled at me and looked back at the starts. Out of all of them he pointed out, the one I remembered most was Cassiopeia.