17

I woke up the next morning and joined David in the shower. We cleaned the cob webs out of each other's hair and off of our skin.

          "I made some calls while you were sleeping." He said looking over his cup of coffee. "They want us to go out while they are fixing the windows and outside of the house. I was thinking we could go to universal."

          I went to grab the toast from the toaster. When I turned back around David was staring at me. "Maybe we could just drive around and look at stuff today..." I suggested. He shrugged and pulled on his shoes.

***

          David and I walked around Miami and ate lunch at a little restaurant that we found on the beach. I smiled and secretly took a picture of him. He was beautiful. I blushed when he looked at me and still felt butterflies in my stomach.

He looked sideways at me with a weird look and smiled. I jumped up and threw my arms around him.

          While we were driving, I spotted a covered tent and begged David to go check it out. It turned out to be a little petting zoo. We went through the tent, at the end there were camel rides. "David!!" I exclaimed, pointing at the camel and tugging on his sleeve.

          He looked down at me. "Do you want to ride it?" He asked. I nodded fiercely as he slipped out his wallet and gave the man five dollars.

          I climbed onto the camel and the man led me around. David stood outside of the fence and smiled up at me.

          When I got off, David and I walked to a cigar shop so he could get a cigar. "I don't know what it is, Ilse. I'm just getting tired of cigarettes." He said jokingly and laughing. I didn't care what he did, just as long as we got back to the house so I could tan by the pool.

          David sat with his legs crossed smoking his cigar with his hat tilted back. I swam towards the edge of the pool. "Would you like to try it?" He asked, with a mischievous grin. I reached for it and put it to my lips, looking at him one more time. I inhaled and coughed roughly. He laughed at me as I handed it back.

          "It tastes like burnt cardboard." I said licking my lips. He smiled at me, showing his crooked teeth. My head started to hurt as I climbed out of the pool and laid on the ground to dry off. "Can you take me to the playground down the road?" I asked shading my eyes with my hand.

          "Sure baby-love." He said, smiling slightly.

          "Why do you call me that?" I asked. He smiled wider and took a deep breath.

          "Because you're my baby and I love you." He said leaning down and kissing my nose. I scrunched my nose and smiled at him.

          "You're beautiful." I sighed and closed my eyes.

          "So are you," he said. "lets get you to that playground." I got up and pulled on my pants. I left off my shirt and kept my bikini top on.

          He took me to the playground near the park and we sat on the swing looking over the water.

***

          When we got back to the house David made dinner while I watched the football game. He brought me out some  peanut butter filled pretzels. I pulled his face close to mine and kissed him before he wiped his hands on the back of his pants while he walked back into the kitchen.

          I yelled occasionally when I got mad and David laughed hysterically every time from the kitchen. I blushed and felt embarrassed for a second before I got back into the game.

          David came to sit with me after halftime and we cuddled until the last quarter. At the beginning of the last quarter we were at the edge of our seats.

          When the patriots went into overtime, we were standing up anxiously waiting to see what happened.

          As soon as I saw the ball reach the end, I yelled and cheered and kissed David right on the lips. He grasped my back and kissed back hard. And after that, I crashed onto the bed and passed out.