11

The next morning, Jenn was more than willing to take the girls out shopping. The closest store was 2 hours away, so we all got up early. When I headed to the barn, the girls and Jen drove away.

I got Leonardo ready as fast as I could and took him out to the track and started to warm up. Leo ran in circles just as I did beside him. He slowed down and I took a running start onto his huge back.

           While we were training I let my mind wander, only a bit. I wandered back to when I stole the sweatshirt. The sweatshirt that is now mine.

When we finished training it was after twelve o'clock noon. I brought Leo into the barn and took all of his stuff off before filling a bucket with water.

         I walked into the house and my dad gave me a big hug. "I'm sorry I missed you last night, I had a late practice."

          "It's ok, I was spending a lot of time with Leo. I think we need to call someone to do his feet. I'm going to groom him later."

          "Ok I'll see if I can find anyone. I know Jenn loves those girls and you need a break for a while, but you can not forget them." I looked at him dazed. "Leo if just helping you relax and that's good."

         I sighed and thought for a moment before he spoke again. "Now let me go find that number.

***

          I sat on Leo's back and finished brushing before I braided his main. I'll tell ya, he was one well groomed horse. He was always shiny and he never had knots.

"Ilse!!" My dad yelled from the house. "Phone!!" I hopped off of Leo and patted his forehead before running off into the house.

"Yeah?" I said taking the phone, out of breath, and shooting my dad a look before walking into the other room with the phone.

"Ilsss." I heard David slur.

"David? What the fuck?" I asked, burning with rage. "You haven't called me in weeks and now you want to call two days in a row? You better pull it together man, or I'll lock you out." I rambled, speaking in a harsh whisper.

"Shh. Ilse don't be so mean..." he said. I could tell he was smiling.

"David. You better get straight before you come home. I swear to god. I don't have time for this."

He started to sob on the other end. "I don't know what I've done. I need your help."

"Baby, you're traveling the United States. You haven't called me in 6weeks so I have no idea where you are. I suggest you get some help where you are and then when the tour is over come home."

He breathed in shakily. "And don't get yourself arrested, Bowie." Before I hung up I heard him say something about staying away from Julie.

"Wait! David, who's Julie?" But it was too late he had already hung up. Then I realized, Julie  was his psychopathic ex.

❌❌❌

Happy thanksgiving, everyone. Eat a lot of food and be happy!!
❤️❤️