1| Relationships and Restaurants

Dedicated to:kisacollins for always being there for me ;) Keep loving and supporting me like this forever!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"A strong friendship doesn't need daily conversation or being together. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends never part"

~Anonymous

3 YEARS LATER...

Claire's POV

The cool Californian winds caused a ruckus outdoors – a magnificent view from the glass panes. I was seated at the dining of a luxurious local restaurant, in a flurry, crimson-red dress.

My fingers curled around a glass stemware that held a rich and pricey grape juice. Steadily, bringing it close to my lips, I took a sip, loving the coldness of the glass contact with my skin. Instantly, I felt the sweet, ambrosial essence travel pleasingly down my throat.

The gale outside caused the trees to swish violently, making the fresh green leaves shed away. It was a beautiful sight for some reason. The sun was setting and the entire sky was fraught with dark blue patches and red hues.

"California is beautiful" I muttered under my breath. Somehow Logan Walker, who was sitting opposite to me at the dining, seemed to hear me.

"You've lived here for more than three years now" he replied, looking up from the menu.

"Yeah, but its beauty still amazes me"

I got back to staring at Logan whose attention was glued to the menu that he was reading for the past ten minutes. Strands of his sleek blonde hair fell on his light ocean-blue eyes. He lifted his hand up to brush the strands away, neatly adjusting his styled hair and his dark black tuxedo on place.

"Alright" he looked up at me "I finally know what I'm gonna order. Have you decided yet?"

"Logan" I rolled my eyes "You know I always order the same thing every year"

"Right" he nodded, pursing his lips. His eyes were directed towards the nearby waitress and he called for her. The waitress came trotting upto us immediately.

"So..." she smiled cheekily at us once Logan was done placing the orders "How's the date going so far?"

Her question took us aback and a series of answers left Logan and my mouth.

"Oh no, you don't get it!" I replied.

"We're not on a date!" Logan accompanied me.

"We're just best friends!" I tried to kill the embarrassment in the air "In fact, we're waiting for our other friend to arrive. She should be here soon" I stole a glance at my watch. Adriel Knight, Logan and my very close friend, was very late and I was about to kill her for that when she arrives.

"Oh" a sigh left the waitress mouth and she regretfully bowed down "I apologize for the inconvenience I've caused. Your food shall arrive soon" saying that, she strolled away timidly.

Logan's glance fell to the floor, his head hung low as he lifted his fist to his mouth and cleared his throat.

"Well...that was awkward" I tried to change the topic "So, are you excited for tomorrow, Logan?"

The humiliation and blush drained away from his face and he replied "How can I be excited? It's just another horrifying school day"

"It's not!" I protested "Tomorrow is the first day of our senior year! The last year of highschool, and then, graduation, and then, university!" endeavouring my best efforts to sound as cheerful as possible.