38| Trust and Torment

Dedicated to:Ayushiii2

Thanks a tonne for all the constant votes and your support! I love you <3

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"If you just give me a small chance, I will prove it to you that I can be one of the best decisions you've ever made"

~Pinterest

Logan's POV

"Enjoying your burger?" I asked Adriel, irately.

"Shut up, I eat when I'm stressed, okay!" she spat, taking yet another bite from the treat she bought herself from the restaurant outside our school.

The crowd flowed down the wide avenue the same way the Thames always meets its banks. The souls present in the restaurant looked dull and miserable, their frowns ever so disturbing.

As the people walked past me in a hurried state, I predicted what my future would look like. If I fail to convince my mother – how important it was for me to stay in California – I will have to leave Claire and all my shattered dreams behind.

The highschool I was being enrolled to, in Paris, wanted me to begin the last year of highschool all over again which would mean Claire would be a year ahead of me.

Far towards the corner, a benevolent teenage couple sat drinking from the same cup of coke – I snarled at them like they were the reason I was suffering.

"Okay, here's what we could do" Adriel snapped me out of my thoughts "I run my car over you, break your leg and you get dragged into the hospital. Then you can emotionally blackmail your mom"

I froze and stared at her with wide eyes "And what if I die?"

"Then we'll figure something out"

I shook my head in utter dismay "Addy, I'm serious. My mother isn't someone you can go upto and place some facts and reasons in front of her and expect her to listen. She always does what she thinks is right"

"So...according to her, making you repeat an entire school year, is right?"

I didn't even know what was right anymore. There was a whirlwind of emotions raging havoc in my brain, playing tag with my senses.

There must be something we can do.

I muttered under my breath, through gritted teeth "This is so fucked up"

"What's fucked up?"

I jumped on hearing that sound. My lips parted and Adriel stopped chewing; both of us slowly turned around to meet Claire's eyes. she had an intense gaze locked on us, her arms crossed across her chest, digging daggers into our consciousness "What's so fucked up that you guys felt the need to hide from me?"

"Claire...hey" I tried to sound cheerful through my shaky breaths "It's s-sucked up, right Adriel?"

"Right! Logan's puppy got sucked up the A/C vent" Adriel said.

"What?" I turned towards her.

Claire rolled her eyes "Really guys? Is this the best you could come up with? Logan, you asked me to go home and then I find you here looking all tensed up and Adriel's stress eating?"

"Wait, you followed us?" I asked.

Her immediate answer with a raised yell made a shiver run down my back "No I didn't!" she yelled "Yes of course I did, you idiot! How else do you think I'm here? Please be honest and tell me what you're hiding"