16| Lost and Lonely

Dedicated to:-Verro-

Thanks a tonne for your votes and comments, love! :D

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Being alone with your feelings is the worst because you have nowhere to run. They're here, dancing in your mind and all you can do is handle"

~Pinterest

Claire's POV

My heartbeat rang in my ears. I could feel the intense pulses throughout my body. My head throbbed to keep with the present; my subconscious was screaming at me that I've done the biggest mistake of my life.

Logan stood up and shook his hands to dry the water that had fallen on them. His dejected eyes shifted towards his shirt that was completely drenched in the water that I had splashed on him, in the middle of the cafeteria. Everyone present shot petrified glances in our direction.

He then he looked up and straight into my eyes and my heart did a violent flip because I had never seen more misery on his countenance before. He stared at me, frozen, hurt, but mostly - shocked.

A completely broken and crest-fallen emotion took over his expression and it was then that I realized how horrible of a person I was.

This moment would be fossilized in our memories forever now and I could do nothing to turn the time back and undo it. I entirely regretted my actions for hurting the person I cared wholeheartedly about.

The immense remorse caused my eyes to brim with tears and I figured that I needed to get out of there before I break down in front of everyone.

I turned in my heels and stormed out of the cafeteria without caring to look back at the chaos I left behind. I ran, dragging my legs, with all my might towards the girls' restroom.

Once I was inside, I locked myself inside one of the restrooms. I leaned my forehead on the door and I let it out. The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I felt the muscles of my chin tremble and my eyes getting sorer as every second.

Whimpers and silent whines escaped from deep within my throat. I couldn't believe these sounds were coming from me. I placed both my palms on the door and fisted them as another one of my cries echoed throughout the restroom.

All Logan ever wanted was to stop pretending and something took over me, causing me to lash out at him so rudely.

The fact that Logan would never forgive me, for what I did, hurt the most. I didn't want to hurt him; I didn't want to lose him. How am I ever going to ask for forgiveness? And deep inside, I knew, I wasn't worth any mercy from him.

I had turned into a horrible, spoilt, self-approved idiot.

At that instant, I heard the low squeak of the main restroom door opening and closing and soon I could hear Adriel's voice from the other side.

"Claire? I know you're in there" she knocked on the door "Oh honey-bun, I'm extremely sorry for the mess that I've created! This would never have happened if I hadn't suggested that stupid idea!"

I wiped my tears away. Swallowing another whimper, I replied "It's not your fault Addy"

"Yes it is! Ugh, I'm such a horrible friend!" she screamed from the other side "Please come out Clairy, we'll figure something out, please"