29| Dread and Deject

Dedicated to:@Google5555666666 XD

Thanks a lot for the numerous votes and your amazing, constant support :)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Passion and shame torment him. And rage is mingled with his grief"

~QuotationOf

Claire's POV

It wasn't only the tears that came falling out of my eyes, but it was the crippling ache that seeped into my bones, into my heart, into my mind, that hurt the most.

I had a very bad feeling lingering in my chest since the day he told me he didn't want to love me, there was something eerily off about his behavior. But I hadn't imagined, in the worst of my nightmares, that he had someone else in mind.

I wrapped my arm tighter around my pillow, as I lay on my bed when another headache came barrelling in. My pillows and sheets were soaked in tears that I had been shedding.

Why was my life always trying to take Logan away from me?

Everytime I thought, things might turn out better afterall, I was hit by a wave of misery with the same kind of vehemence – but this time, it had completely swept me away, so much that I was still trying to process if it really happened.

Suddenly my phone, placed on my bedside table, started ringing.

Wiping my tears away with the back of my hand, I reached forward to lift it off the surface and to my surprise – it was Breanna.

Why was this bitch calling me? To tell me she made out with Logan?

Angrily, I threw the phone on my bed, screaming at it all the while "Fuck you Breanna! Fuck you!" I merely stared at it, eyebrows furrowed together until it stopped ringing.

I hopped off, preparing to head downstairs but my phone rang yet again.

She didn't have to tease me like this.

Consumed with curiosity, I picked my phone up and placed it on my ear "What the fuck do you want?" I yelled in fury.

**********

I ran, as fast as my legs could take me.

The sound of my shoes, pounding on the floor, resonated off the walls with a clanging echo that matched my heart throbbing inside my chest with the thick grief and fear I felt. Tears kept blurring my vision as I clasped my hands into a fist and tried to run faster.

I dodged the wheelchairs, the stretchers, the nurses and the doctors as I made my way from amidst them, down the never ending sleek white-tiled corridor of the hospital.

I ran with all my might, I ran with dread, feeling like if I don't make it, I'm going to lose something, something very dear to me.

I felt like I was getting late for something.

The journey never seemed to end; I kept running and running, occasionally wiping my tears off and never stopping to catch a breath.

That was until I reached where I was headed and what I saw was a vacant end of a corridor and in the centre stood Breanna, nervously clutching her hair as she stared at the doors on her right.

I predicted that's the room where he might be so I dashed towards the door. Before I could reach the handles, someone fiercely caught my arm and pulled me away.

"You can't go inside!" Breanna bellowed, her face reddening "It's not allowed!"

"But I want to see him!" I wailed and tried to break out of her grip.