37| Cautions and Catastrophes

Dedicated to:@avivajava

Thanks hun, for making it this far into the story ^_^ ! I love your comments a lot <3

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Love me without restriction. Trust me without fear. Want me without demand. Accept me for who I am..."

~Quotesvalley.com

Claire's POV

After three days of persuading his mother that he was okay now, Logan finally got to attend school on a chilly Thursday.

I had dragged him into the school library with me after school because I wanted to issue a book that I had been craving for a while and also because I wanted to spend more time with him.

My hands brushed against the books as my eyes scrutinized the shelf for the novel I was looking for while Logan followed me.

He looked striking that day. He had a Prussian blue hoodie on matched with faded jeans. His disheveled blonde hair poured out deliciously from under the hood. I liked this look. He looked hot without even trying.

His gaze just seemed to fall away into a distance, brows furrowed together; he had a wretched expression on since morning.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

His lips had turned red from chewing on them for the past few hours now. I assumed it had to do with his father.

Forgetting the book, I walked towards him and gathered his face in my hands, leisurely stroking his cheekbones "Hey? It wasn't your fault, stop blaming yourself"

His hands lifted to hold and caress my wrists on either side "It's hard not to blame myself because clearly, it was no one else's fault"

"It's been more than five years," I said "Blaming yourself won't change anything. So get over your past"

"It's not my past that's troubling me" his hands found my waist and he wrapped his arms around me "It's us I'm worried about"

I pushed his hood off his head and hugged him, kissing his shoulder and placing my head on it.

"Everytime we patch up..." he elucidated in shaky whispers, running his hands on my back "...something bad happens and it breaks us apart again and I feel like I'm always the reason"

"Logan, you really need to shut up now. Nothing's going to happen" I whipped my head away to look at him "You're so damn negative about situations. Be happy and celebrate the present"

I tried to break away from him but he held my arms making me look at him. He began to tuck my hair behind me ears and placed a quick kiss on my lips "You're the reason I don't give up on life"

I smiled, kissed him back and pulled away. And then I kissed him again.

What started with a mere peck ended up with me pressed on the book shelves, his hands roaming my back while I gasped as my hands amassed his hair between my fingers.

Before we could go further, we heard an annoyed 'Ahem' besides us.

Our heads whisked in that direction and of course, it had to be the librarian, the nerve-wracking Mrs. Denison glaring wildly at us from behind her fat pair of glasses.

"This is a library" she exclaimed, crossing her hands over her chest "Not a porn studio"

Awkwardly, Logan backed away from me, brushing his hair in place "We're extremely sorry Mrs. Denison–"