11| Changes and Charms

Dedicated to:Pratz2000

Thank you so very much for always voting and reading and promoting my books! I love you and your support XD

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can chose which one to surf"

~Askideas.com

Claire's POV

The kiss lasted for like two seconds and the moment I broke away, I showed Venetia a middle finger and pompously stormed out of the cafeteria.

The second I was out, my pupils dilated and it was then that I clearly realized what I had done.

I kissed my best friend in the middle of the cafeteria.

My fingers started shaking just by the thought of facing him again and having to explain what the hell I was thinking. I gulped, endeavouring to forget about it.

Fortunately, I didn't run into Logan the rest of the day and didn't bother to say goodbye before leaving the school. It was just too – awkward. Also, it seemed like the rumour had spread about our little kiss because people were already shooting glances in my way. Not in a bad way, but with curiosity. For some reason, it made me feel special.

In the evening, at around seven, I found myself lying sprawled on my bed, munching on chips while I studied biology. I needed to be well-prepared from the upcoming test the next day. It was a cold, breezy evening.

A moment later, a shrill sound of doorbell ringing reached my ears over rhythmic thumping of tree branches on my window. My eyes directed towards the clock instinctively; who would be here at this time? I dragged my legs downstairs to welcome the visitor since my parents were out for a movie, leaving me with my books because I told them I had a test the next day.

I unbolted the door and surprisingly, I was greeted by the last person that I wanted to see.

Logan.

He pursed his lips thin as he smiled "Evening, Claire"

My own voice was choking my throat as I attempted to get the word out "Evening"

The instant I said that, he revealed a Math book from behind his back and gently waved it in front of me "I have a few doubts, will you help me?"

Fuck, why was it so hard to stay calm? My heart was violently thudding and crumbling into pieces my chest. Logan didn't seem to have any problem; did he forget what happened a few hours ago?

"Of course! Get your ass indoors!" I tried to sound more cheerful than I was capable of but Logan didn't seem to find that funny, he entered silently with a straight face.

Never in the past did I have any problem in staying alone with Logan in a house, I've even slept over at his house a numerous times (thanks to his luxurious three-story mansion). But right now, it felt like the weirdest thing I had ever experienced.

I was most comfortable around him and now it was the exact opposite. It was hard to even look at him.

We entered my room and I jumped on my bed, going through the new Math book Logan had presented me with. My eyes were glued to the book, but something from the corner of my eye, caught my attention.