8| Past and Prejudice

Dedicated to:clichedromance

Thank you for all the love and support! I really really appreciate it :)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Dear heart, please stop falling in love with people I can't get"

~Frenys

Claire's POV

The dampness of the air lingering in the early Californian morning sky, that Wednesday, was soothingly cool. It was appalling how I never noticed how melodious the chirps of these birds sounded, but even more melodious was the sound of my long heels echoing on the tarmac.

Heels were never my thing, it was new; I never anticipated that their clicking noises would sound so beautiful to my ears. It wasn't the same when it came from other girls.

I felt like a whole new person - thanks to Adriel.

I lifted my arm to adjust my glasses, but I didn't feel anything. And then it hit me - I was wearing lenses while my glasses were tucked deep inside my hand bag. I bit my lower lip cursing my stupidity.

It was like the world felt new, it felt different as if I was looking through someone else's perspective; it was a pretty wonderful experience.

Although the lenses were kind of pricking the sides of my eyes, I let it go. Quoting Adriel "You'll have to go through struggles to stand out of the regular crowd" That's why; I had a wide smile plastered on my lips that day.

Mom almost dissolved to tears looking at the way I was dressed that morning. She was too over-dramatic at times like this, repeating over and over again how happy she was to see that her little daughter had finally grown up.

I entered the highschool and as usual people looked in my way. But this time, in a different way. They looked at me with awe, not with the usual condescension.

I lifted my chin higher, appreciating the attention I was receiving. People shifted away from my path as I made my way straight towards Logan, who was standing a few feet away, working on his locker.

My eyes widened when I saw his turnout; he was changed too. James had done a great job by making him wear a leather jacket and by the way he had styled his hair, he looked - hot.

He was so busy that he didn't even notice me walking towards him and standing right beside him.

"Morning" I fisted my hands and knocked on his shoulder.

"Morning, Cookie Jar" he replied without looking up from the book he was reading. I felt a sudden urge to brush his long blonde wisps of hair away from his eyes as they fell all over his forehead, but I restrained my hand.

"Logan?" I asked again, trying to draw his attention.

"What?"

"Look at me" I tugged childishly at his leather sleeve.

"What is it-" he stopped in his tracks the moment he looked up at me. His jaw dropped as his glance ran all the way down my body, then up again and down again. Something about his stare gave me butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

He blinked a several times and muttered "Whoa" he stared into my eyes "Where your glasses at?"

"I don't need them anymore" I pointed at my pupils and winked "I'm wearing lenses baby"

He laughed at my tone "You look great! And look at that hairdo...damn"

"Ah thanks" I flicked my hair proudly and pouted even though it was Adriel who did the hairstyle for me "You don't look bad yourself"