43| Trouble and Terror

Dedicated to:Stellabystarlight978

Thank you buddy for reading so enthusiastically and for all the amazing votes :)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"You know you love someone when the mere thought of losing them brings you tears"

~Pinterest

Adriel's POV

It was a cool Thursday morning in California, the sun just rose above the horizon and I stared at the ever changing hues of the morning sky from the clear glass panes of a cafe. The street stretched out in front of me, vehicles flashing by, and people jogging with earphones plugged in.

I took in a deep breath, sucking in the air that carried a hint of dampness and lacked the heavy pollution of the day traffic. The thick aroma of coffee tickled my nostrils, refreshing my senses. All around me, businessmen discussed projects, writers hastily typed on their laptops, long lost friends hugged each other and college students had a bright smile plastered on their lips.

For most of the people there, it would've been just a normal Sunday, but for me, it was the beginning of the worst day in all these years.

One of my closest friends was departing today, maybe forever, and I was supposed to keep this a secret from everyone. I didn't even get to meet him one last time.

I tapped my long fingernails on the rich wooden texture of the table as I waited. A message popped up on my cell phone's screen. My hands reached for it immediately and I opened it.

Logan Walker

Hey, Addy. I'm on my way to the airport. I feel like this is the right thing to do, thank you for being such an amazing friend :)

I looked away from the screen, tears pricking my eyes, threatening to fall. He had been an extremely supportive friend to me. His advice always seemed to work. Watching him walk away from me was heart-wrenching to bear.

Even more heart wrenching was the fact that Claire still didn't have any idea about it. Was, not telling her, really the right thing to do?

They loved each other senselessly and to helplessly watch them departing down their separate paths was a tragic sight.

My fingers trembled as I stared at his text, wondering what to reply when something caught my eye. I looked up and saw James Hunter parking his motor cycle on the other side of the street, across the cafe. I remembered requesting him to be here half an hour ago – I was going to kill him for being late.

I called him here so I could share my grief and pain because, in his company, everything just felt so right. He made me feel as if there were no worries in this world that even the fragile girl like me couldn't handle.

I exited the cafe and stood on the sidewalk, watching him pull his helmet off across the street. He threw a distressed smile in my way as he began to cross the street to reach me, striking his contagious grin.

I was marveling about how important he was to me and how much I loved him when I heard a loud honk of a truck from the down the street. For a while, every movement seemed to slow down as I looked straight into the deep gray eyes of my boyfriend, next, I was screaming in agony.

"James, watch out!"

I guess I was too late, he had already taken those steps and the gargantuan beast of a truck flashed past in front of my eyes, in an instant, it disappeared around the corner in a hasty turn.