22| Rage and Revelation

Dedicated to:bloodstainedalpha

Thanks for showing ennthusiam while reading! And also for you votes and comments :)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"I like it when you smile, but I love it when I'm the reason"

~Pinterest

Logan's POV

They say 'the Devil wears Prada'

And I realized the legitness of this quote that night after I let my best friend walk into trouble and didn't even endeavour any efforts to stop her.

That night surprised me to the core, changed everything for me - the way I thought about her and the way I assumed what she thought about me.

Surprising wasn't the fact that she kept on drinking numerous cups of beer one after the other, but it was what happened after that that left me shaken up.

Did I follow her all the way to the party because I didn't trust Dylan-fucking-summers with her safety?

Yes, I did.

And I haven't appreciated my decisions as much in a long time.

I had the darkest black hoodie on, making sure its hood successfully covered most of my face – I tried to hide amid the crowd, behind the groups of dancers, underneath the shadows, just watching her get insecure.

What an insensible choice of a night out.

Who takes a girl to a dance party as a date?

I knew she felt uneasy amongst those popular assholes from another highschool. I couldn't spot a single student from Whitney High, and the way they tried to get close to her and flirted with her made my blood boil with anger.

Sure she looked stunning that night, so stunning that I wanted to wrap her up in a cloth and take her away from the evil eyes. But I was afraid to interfere between her and the boy of her dreams because I didn't want her to get any madder at me.

Dylan kept giggling like an idiot as she gulped down yet another cup and I was starting to get anxious about the situation; I wasn't very well experienced with handling drunken people, but should I trust Dylan with handling her with care? Considering, he doesn't pass out himself.

If I was I his place, I would've stopped her way before.

Alas, she kept her last cup down and my frenzied mind couldn't figure out how many she had consumed. I meticulously watched their next move, and what he did next make my heart jump in agony.

Dylan shifted closer to her. Claire had her back towards him but he whirled her around swiftly and gripped her by her waist. Tenderly, he brushed her blonde locks away from her face and leaned down to whisper something in her ear.

My hands were itching unbearably and I tried my utmost not to run to him and hit him. Their proximity made my heart swelter.

Their next move left me staring at them with an immeasurable amount of fury.

Dylan kissed her, right on her lips!

He held her like he owned her but she wasn't making any move, but then she did and she kissed him back.

It squashed my heart with equal fever, it had come up to my throat and a vehement pain was lurking in my gut.

I glared helplessly as he backed her up into a dark corner of the house. Then he pushed her back into some kind of store room.