15| Guilt and Grief

Dedicated to:BEAUT1FULdreamer

Thanks a lot for the never ending support and love! And also for this cute banner!! XD (attached in the media box)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"It hurts the most when the person who made you feel so special yesterday makes you feel so unwanted today"

~Pinterest

Logan's POV

I was told before, that if you keep on replaying something over and over in your head, it'll eventually stop hurting that much. But why is it that everytime I think about her, the pain feels like jagged thorns violently brushing against the skin of my heart – and the thorns seem to get sharper each time?

I spent the entire Sunday trying to get back to her, trying to explain why I was distancing myself, trying to tell her that I was extremely sorry, trying to win her back.

She wouldn't answer my calls.

She wouldn't reply to my texts.

After all my efforts were in vain, I was ready to face her the next Monday to ask her why the hell she was so mad at me.

My nervous eyes searched for her amidst the hustle and bustle of the students rushing to their classes, as I leaned my back at the lockers. I horribly craved her presence beside me.

A voice greeted me, a voice that I despised to my heart's core. My head involuntarily turned to look at the redhead. Venetia was walking upto to me. As always, she was dressed elegantly, her auburn hair swished gleefully behind her but her facade caused me to flinch. I hated her.

"Good morning lover boy" she smirked. I spotted the ulterior motive behind her cheerful expression but I couldn't quite point it out.

"You're not with your usual attention whores" I spat, recognizing that she was here to ruin me alone this time, without any of her 'friends' behind her.

She rolled her eyes, placing her hands on her hips "That's because I wanted to talk to you alone"

I scoffed "Fuck off" and started to walk away from her before she created trouble for me.

"Whoa-ho-ho!" she chanted and jogged in front of me to block my way "I don't know from where you got the balls to speak like that to me but hear me out Luke, this is important"

First off, my name's Logan, second of all...well, I just wanted to slap her but that would help me gain suspension from school so I just controlled myself.

"Well then, hurry up, cause I've got other important things to deal with"

She leaned closer to me, her eyes directed towards something amid the crowd and then, she whispered "I think you should break up with Claire"

For a few seconds, I narrowed my eyes and plainly stared at her, trying to calculate who the fudge she thought she was to tell me what to do.

"Excuse me?" I finally asked, crossing my arms.

"Look Lucas, I know you guys aren't dating for real, you can't fool me" she crossed her arms, copying my actions "But, I think you should best-friend-break-up with her because it's high time she gets a best friend who's a girl"

I didn't quite understand what she meant by that but I definitely didn't want to hear any more of it. I attempted to walk away from there but she caught my arm.