21| Love and Longing

Dedicated to:Perry122

Thanks a lot for always voting my chapters :)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"I'm amazed when I look at you. Not just because of your looks, but because of the fact that everything I've ever wanted is right in front of me"

~Good Morning quote

Claire's POV

I sat seated on the passenger seat of Dylan's car, winding the window down to feel the cool Californian wind tenderly swish my hair.

The world was a blur, only the silent hum of the car engines was audible – causing me to feel dizzy and an uncanny feeling of dissatisfaction kept bugging my consciousness.

My gaze drifted to Dylan. His dark brown bangs fell over his eyes, his striking green eyes remained fixated on the road in front of him. The orange street lights cast shadows over us and he kept talking about something.

I couldn't hear anything; I just stared at him and let my screaming mind overpower his voice.

This was it; this was what I've always wanted – to cruise down a soundless, dark road, alone with the boy of my dreams.

But now, I just couldn't point out what was missing. The night was perfect. Dylan kept looking in my way every second, shooting smiles and smirks in my way – saying something I couldn't hear, not matter how hard I tried. His right palm kept teasing my fingers, holding my hand sometimes and making tender circles on my skin the next.

I pulled my hand out of his gentle grip and rubbed my aching temple with it.

"What's wrong?" I finally heard him say.

I shook my head to indicate that I was alright, but I was not, I was really not.

What would Logan be doing right now?

The sudden thought of him sent a painful chill down my spine. I should've told him before about Dylan and me. The way he suddenly showed up in my house was pretty unexpected.

I didn't want him to find out this way, I wanted to sit with him and explain things precisely but when he received a sudden shock like that, the pain was visible on his countenance.

I felt like a betrayer then. Those hurtful eyes, those flushed cheeks, those tears that he was pushing back inside, I saw them all but I didn't want to leave Dylan hanging.

Maybe I should've canceled our plans. But it was too late now, too late to turn back now.

"We're here" he muttered, stopping the car.

Quickly, I glanced out of the window and what came into view was not what I had expected.

I thought it'd be a short dinner party at his friend's house. But it wasn't. It was a literal dance party.

Thunderous, roaring sounds of riotous trance songs shook the ground, several people dressed elegantly made their way inside the mansion.

This was not what I was expecting. Dylan had brought me to a highschool party.

"C'mon"

I was so indulged in taking the view in that I didn't realize he had walked all over to the other side of the car and was now opening the door for me.

He held out his hand like a gentleman and I took it.

He kissed the top of my hand lovingly and then proceeded to stare into my eyes with that sparkly gaze that always got me "You look beautiful"