45| Departure and Defiance

Dedicated to:SatwikGhosh

Thank you so very much for all the love and support! Your votes mean a lot to me <3

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Maybe I'm scared because you mean more to me than any other person. You're everything I think about, everything I need, everything I want"

~Pinterest

Logan's POV

"Logan! Hurry up!"

"Just a minute, mom!"

My feet were fixated on my doorstep, my heart mourned from inside while my eyes scanned my house for one last time. It was my stepfather, Logan's house really but I had spent most of my life here and I attempted to memorise every single detail of it.

"Logan, get in the car, will you?" mom bellowed from the front-yard.

Mom was an extremely capricious individual, her moods changed ever so fast that it was hard to predict how to talk to her at different times. Sometimes she was caring and lovable and the next, she became harsh. During that situation, the 'harsh' part of her personality was very much in action.

Without another word, I obeyed her, dragging my heavy iron-clad feet across the front yard to reach the car she hired, promising that she would ship my brand new Toyota to Paris soon.

My fingers curled around the handle of the car door, feeling the freezing cold steel-blue metal numb my palm. For a few moments, I merely stared at my shivering hands until I was again confronted by mom.

"What're you doing?" she opened the door of the driver's side, glaring at me through her dark sunglasses "Logan, I know it's hard for you but we're late"

Please have mercy on my soul, mother. You have no idea how hard this is for me.

I longed for my father's presence; he used to be the only person on this land who was capable of talking my mother out of things.

Sliding onto the backseat, I shut the door behind me, watching my house for one last time as it flashed by and in a second, we were meters away from it.

It's funny how time goes by so quickly when you're attempting to cherish something.

And then the most horrific thing happened – we passed by Claire's house.

My head whipped in that direction, my hands clutching and crushing the leather material of the seat between my fingers, my nails scraping it furiously.

If my heart didn't slow down now, I was certain I would choke on my own breath.

I followed my gaze as her house went further and further away from me – wretchedly, I could do nothing so I just stared at it from the rear view mirror until my tears were the one blurring my vision.

I looked away to rub my eyes but when I looked back, her house was gone.

I turned away then, resting my back on the seat, feeling the scorching heat travel down my body as it burned the last of my hopes to ashes.

God, I wasn't prepared for this, I didn't know it would hurt so much.

I tried wiping my tears away before mom noticed them and begins to yell at me, teaching me principles to become a man.

I wasn't capable of learning anything at the moment; it was getting harder and harder for me even to learn that fact that I won't be seeing her again.