31| Revenge and Razzle

Dedicated to:DarrenDean1

Thank you so much for the votes and comments buddy! And also, your writing skills are goals <3 stay awesome!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Life is too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't laugh at yourself, call me...I'll laugh at you" XD

~Pinterest

Claire's POV

The night sky was pitch black, cloudless, soundless.

The chirps of excited crickets echoed in the atmosphere; the air was still, dry and cold, no source of sound from any direction.

Noiselessly, I inhaled a good amount of freezing oxygen and let my beating heart settle down and get used to the tension that surrounded me.

I wrapped my arms around myself and bunched up the soft material of my hoodie amid my fists, preparing for the attack tonight.

"Ow!"

The voice made me jump out of my skin. I whirled around hastily and saw Natalie Tenner trying to pull her hair out of the jagged thorns of a bush.

"Shut the fuck up Nat!" I whispered angrily "We're in someone's backyard at 2 fucking am. If we make any noise we're dead meat!"

"Sorry Clairy" she murmured, getting down on her knees beside me, draping the duffel bag over her shoulder "So what's your intelligent plan for breaking in?"

I accompanied her as she tilted her head up to see the two story house stretching up to the heavens. It seemed massive from this angle...and scary too.

"We're gonna climb" I replied.

"Climb?"

"Climb"

"Really?"

"Yes"

Natalie whipped her head to look in my direction. Perplexed, she whispered back "How? Don't tell me we're going up that tree"

"We're going up that tree" I muttered, crawling my way towards the foot of the tree, hiding meticulously behind the shrubs and bushes all the while.

I heard an annoyed groan from behind me and within a few seconds, Natalie was beside me "I thought you were smarter than this"

"Well...bummer" I alleged "Now let's shut up and get shit done. Cover your face carefully with your hoodie"

Thanks to Logan, I was used to climbing trees. We used to do that all the time when we were younger. But we stopped as soon as we realized we had grown up and paid our complete attention to studies.

The tree was intricately branched so it was very easy for me to get to the top, reaching the balcony. Meticulously, I hooked my arm around the balcony sill, pushed myself up and jumped inside.

"Success!" I cheered in low voice and did an eerie victory dance.

"Hey Ms. Success! Someone's stuck down here with a heavy duffel bag!" I heard her call from below me and my eyes landed on Nat who was practically hanging off the branches.

Getting her and the duffel bag up and into the balcony had me panting and huffing for breath. I really should've done this alone.

Fortunately, the window barricading the balcony from the bedroom was left open. It wasn't that big of a deal, I had a modified hair pin tucked deep in my pocket that I had been practicing to open locks with for several days.