Guest Speaker

Leona's POV

     After that encounter I'm irritated now. Kiara walks by and asks what's wrong. I told her that Chris just messed up my mood. She tells me not to let a basic bitch like her mess me up. I look at the time and it's almost time for class. "Oh shit we're gonna be late," I scream. I grab my bag and rush out the house with Kiara right behind me. We run our separate ways and I yell, "See you later Ki!" She doesn't respond. I continue to run to my first class for today. When I got there everyone was standing outside. I walked over to my friend. "Jay!" I call out. He continues to stare at his phone. "Jay.........Jay................JAYDEN!" He turns around and yells, "who screaming my government like that?" I looked dead in his eyes. "Oh it's you hey," he says looking at his phone. "Why is everyone standing outside?" I ask as he continues to tap away on his phone. "I'm......not......sure......currently.......playing.......temple.......run......DANGET I DIED. See every time I play around people I always get far and then die. Oh well what were you talking about?" I sigh. "Why are we all outside dingus and not inside the class," I whisper/shout. "One stop yelling at me like I'm your child, two if I knew why we are out here then it would be smart for me to tell you," he snapped back. After talking for a while to Jayden and then some other people we were let into the class.

     "I suppose that you guys didn't check your email last night?" the professor said. We all looked around thinking what email. I checked my email this morning but I didn't see anything. I was mainly thinking about if it was an extra credit assignment, because Lord knows I could use that. Maybe it was a supply list for what we needed to bring today. I lean over to Jay who is sitting next to me and ask him. He claimed to know nothing about this email. I raise my hand, "Um what email sir," everyone nods as if they wanted to know the same. "Well," he begins, "I know that no one checked their email because we have all of this stuff. You guys brought all of these class supplies yet you don't need them. In my email I said that we were having guest speaker today." In my head I yelled, "But I did though and there was nothing there." We all look at each other and some people sigh in relief Jay being one of those people. "Whatchu sighing for I'm not that kinda speaker?" A girl with her hair in a messy bun with many flyaways and tangles stood up from the back of the room. She looked ratchet and ghetto with a dash of hood rat. Some eyes were as big as saucers and others mouthes to the ground. I wasn't the least bit shocked because where I came from this is how everyone was.

     She gave everyone a sheet of paper and told us to draw something near and dear to our hearts. I instantly got an idea and everyone was thinking and contemplating what to draw. I get a pencil and begin to sketching four bodies. Soon after I finished my sketch the hood rat stood and began to speak, "Ok times up, pencils down I'll pick who gets to come up first and explain their picture. Jayden was the first one picked. "Ok I drew my older sister and brother. When my mom left us and my dad became a crack head my brother dropped out of school and got a job to help take care of us. My sister also started baking cakes so that my brother could go back to school. They both are the reason why I'm here right now and without them I don't know where I would be." Everyone started to clapped I wiped my face and didn't know I was crying his story was so much like mine I didn't even know. Many other people went and shared their stories some were sad and others were dumb. One guy drew his dog because it made him happy. Finally it was my turn.

RedrawnрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ