What Matters In Life?

Rae's POV

     We had only gotten three blocks away when I noticed something. "Y'all are we missing someone?" I asked and everyone looked around. "MELISSA," Lydia yelled running back to where we came from. "Cater and Rae take the kids back to the hotel. If we aren't back before tomorrow morning then there's a chance we won't be back period. Do whatever you have to do to keep them from going into the system. I love you all and keep my kids safe please," Lee said kissing all of our foreheads. "No baby you go with them. I brought you to this mess I can't let you get hurt," Chris said and Lee shook her head. "I told you no matter what I'll always be by you and I'm keeping that promise," she said and Chris just nodded her head. "Alright babies, mama and papa are going to go. We don't know if we are going to be able to see you again. In case that we don't come back know that we love you very much. No matter what we'll always be in there," Chris said poking their heart. "No papa I don't want you to leave," Tia started to cry out and Tino did the same running to Lee and latching on to her leg. "Babies it's ok. You have Rae and Carter until then. Just know that no matter what we love you both very much," Lee said giving them all a final hug. I looked over at Carter and she had a blank expression on her face. I can't even imagine what's going through her mind right now. "Ok we're going to go catch up with Lydia," Chris said turning around and walking back with Lee and Lexi.

     We went back to the hotel and I ordered room service. I honestly didn't know how we would be with all four of them. I took Adien and Addi out of their carriers and put them on the beds with pillows around them so they won't fall off the bed. They don't really roll around like that but they have a tendency to move around a lot. Once the food came I let Tia and Tino eat but Cater wouldn't eat anything. She just sat in the corner in the desk chair and stared into space. Tia and Tino kept trying to see what was wrong but she would just sit and smile at them saying there's nothing wrong. I looked at the time and it was around 10:30 so I got them ready for bed. After I gave Tia and Tino a bath and got them dressed I came back out to find Carter gone. I assumed he was in our room and gave Addi and Aiden a bath as well. I put them back on the bed and went into the joint room and saw Carter in the bed clutching a pillow and crying. I knew it hit her hard. The people who helped her out all this time and acted as her parents when her own disowned her might not be coming back. It's gotta be hitting her hard. I leave the door cracked incase one of the twins starts crying and go over to her side. I sat with her in my arms until she stopped crying and looked at me. "Thanks," she said looking up at me. "For everything. For coming with me here, helping with the kids, just being with me in general. I don't know how I would function without you," she said kissing my lips.

     We sat like that until I fell asleep and I'm assuming she did too. I was awoken by loud crying. I got up careful not to wake Carter and went into the other room. Tia was sitting on the bed with Addi rocking her and shushing her. She was careful not to drop her but looked as if Addison was her own child. I walked further in the room and she looked up. "Rae she just wouldn't stop crying and I don't know what to do," she said running over to me after putting Addi down. "It's alright baby girl go back to sleep I'll handle it," I said sitting her back on the bed with Tino. I went into the mini fridge and got out one of the bottles of milk. I picked her up and gave her one of the bottles of milk. After feeding her I saw Aiden was up and I fed him too. I looked at the time and it was 4:00 in the morning. "FUCK YOU NIGGA FUCK YOU TOO F.U.C.K Y.O.U," my phone rang and I already knew it was Gina. I was surprised that I still had it in the first place. You would think that they would take everything you had when you kidnap someone but apparently they don't. "Hello?" I say into the phone only to hear her screaming into the phone. "RAE WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU. I LEAVE FOR THREE WEEKS AND YOUR GONE. YOU HAVE 30 MINUTES TO GET BACK TO THIS HOUSE," she shouted and I laughed. She over there talking like she was gone for a day.