Christina and Gabriella

Christina's POV

"I've been down so long it look like up to me. They look up to me. I got fake people showing fake love to me. Straight up to my face." My phone rings and I get up picking up the phone. "Hello," I say sleep in my voice. "Hey sorry if I woke you up. I just wanted to talk," I looked at the number and it was a private number. I look at the time and its 8:30 AM, "Who is this?" "It's Raeil look don't hang up I just wanted to apologize for everything. For being a bitch while we were together, for cheating, and for continuing to be a nuisance to you. I completely understand if you don't want to see me or speak to me ever again. You could honestly hang up the phone at any time and I wouldn't be mad at you I treated you so wrong and you deserve so much better. I hope you find someone worthy of your love. I'll never forget the times we shared the good and the bad. It was supposed to be a onetime thing between me and her but it turned to something more. I'm so sorry that I put you through all of this and I hope you find someone who can treat you better than I ever could." She says through the phone and her voice cracks a couple times. "I forgive you. I hope that you find someone who makes you happy as well. I'll see you around I guess but I have to go get ready to meet my mom and possibly my aunt," I say getting up and sitting on the edge of my bed. "I thought she lived in Michigan?" she said confused. "She does. I'm not in Cali right now. I came back for break," I say picking out something to wear. "Oh, well I'll see you around then," she says and we exchange goodbyes before hanging up the phone.

Second day of the year and so far, it looks good. I took a shower and got dressed grabbing the keys to the rental car and walked to the hotel's parking lot. I went to the car and got in turning the heat on. I remember why I stayed in Cali for college and not go to Michigan State. It's too damn cold here. I pull out of the parking space and start to my mother's house.

I was surprised it took me an hour to get here I thought it would have taken less. Well I mean I did stop for breakfast but I'm here. The place I lived for the first 14 years of my life. The place I thought I was always safe. The place where my aunt convinced my momma she should kick me out. I get out the car and walked to the door. I was hesitant about knocking on the door but I did anyway. "GABS GET CHO ASS UP AND SEE WHO AT THE DOOR!" someone yelled from inside the house. I bet it was my mom she never had an inside voice. The door opens and the person who I assumed was Gabs opened the door. She had on some sweats and a sports bra on. We had the same skin tone except she had tattoos everywhere. The one that stuck out the most was the one on her arm it said M.A. I wondered what it stood for. "Who are you?" she asked pulling me from my thoughts. "I'm Christina who are you?" I ask and she turns around and starts to yell. "MOM SOME GIRL NAMED CHRISTINA IS HERE!" Mom? What does she mean mom? My mother comes and pushes the girl out the way. She stops and looks up at me. "Christina baby girl omg," she pulls me into a tight hug and I hug her back. It's been 8 years since I last saw her and she looks the same. "You've gotten so tall and your hair has grown so much. I'm so sorry for what happened I was listening my sister and let her make my decisions when I shouldn't have," she said wiping her tears. "Here come in you probably have so many questions," she moved to the side pushing the girl to the side and leading us into the living room. "Momma who is this?" the girl asked mom as we all sit down in the living room. "This is your little sister," she says and the girls face gets red fast as her fists clench. "You didn't think to tell me I had a sibling? After all that I went through to find my family you couldn't tell me that I had a fucking sister!" she said getting angrier by the minute. "First of all, while you in my house you're going to lower your fucking voice when you talking to me. Take all that hostility out of you voice and then raise it three octaves when talking to me. Second of all how many times did I tell you not to cuss at me. Do it again and you'll be on the streets. You live in my fucking house I pay the bills and I put food on the table. When you start doing that then you can say whatever you want till then you watch your mouth. I don't give a flying fuck how old you are but you still came out of me therefore I will not even hesitate to get a frying pan or extension cord and tear your ass up. Third, I did tell you that you had a sister when you asked me who's kid was all over the house. What did I tell you when you asked me that?" she went off on the girl to the left of me. She was silent and if momma was anything like she was before I left then this girl about to get it.