Lyd and Mel

Lydia's POV

I feel a tear roll down my face and I wipe it away quickly hoping Capri or Ray didn't see it. "Hey you ok?" Capri asked. Damn it she saw it and I just sit down on the couch. "Is this about her? I told you to forget her because she shouldn't have said that about your parents. You had every right to break up with her. You guys have been broken up for a month. You need to find someone else and get over her." Ray says. He doesn't know the whole story only some lies I told him and Pri so I could look for her by myself. I didn't want to drag them into my mess. Ray was still talking about something but I cut him off, "look you don't even know the story. If you knew you would feel the same way." I say and he shut up immediately. "What are you talking about Lyd. She disrespected mom and dad and you broke up with her right?" Pri asked. I remained silent and looked down as she raised her voice. "RIGHT!" I keep my head down and see her foot tapping. She starts to yell at me, "I swear on my life if yall are still together and you haven't told us. That's probably why you've been so busy huh?" Ray starts to shake his head. "So what actually happened Lydia," he said using my full name so I know he's mad. "Ok this is what happened," I start leaning back on the couch.

FLASHBACK

Today was the day I would ask Melissa to be my wife. I love her so much and we've been together for so long. I open my eyes and look at the back of her head. I feel her hands tightly around my arm making it hard to get up. I found a way to get up without her waking up. She stirs around for a bit and then settles down. I get up and throw on some random clothes before going downstairs in our condo. I get out the things to make breakfast. Today was going to be full of surprises. I make her food and put it all on a tray carrying it upstairs and into the room. I place it on the bedside table and climb on top of her. I start kissing all over her face and neck. She wakes up and covers her face. "Stop babe your morning breath." She says and I get off feeling offended. "Excuse me your one to talk. Plus, your breath tends to smell like the last thing you ate so your insulting yourself," I say with the biggest grin on my face. Her face turns a bright red and she playfully punches me looking to the side.

She spots the food and grabs the tray. "Thanks babe. So what's the plan for today?" she asks pushing her fly-away behind her ear. "Well," I start stealing a strawberry from her fruit bowl. I made her pancakes, bacon, two biscuits with honey, and a fruit bowl. She smacks my hand away and continues to stuff food into her mouth. "You are getting your hair and nails done, Kimmi is taking you shopping, and then I'll meet you after for dinner." I say before stealing a piece of bacon. She threatens to stab my hand with a fork. "Ok, well then what time is my hair appointment?" she said eating her biscuit. "It's at 11:30 and right now..." I pick up my phone and check the time. "Its 9:45 so finish up and I'm going to take a shower. I need to go see Ray and Capri to finalize stuff for work." I say getting off the bed taking the other biscuit. "Ok and why do you keep taking my food?" she whines and I kiss her again before walking into the bathroom.

I get ready and put on my clothes as I sit on the bed. She was already dressed and sat next to me. I got my phone and made a checklist of everything I needed to do today. I needed to go pick up her ring, get my hair done, go finalize the stuff for our date tonight, AND go give my grandmother her bowl because she made us Chili and that shit was bomb af. I lock my phone and notice she is standing in front of me doing her hair. She was putting her hair into a ponytail and snuck up behind her and kissed her neck. I look at us in the mirror, "Damn we sexy af," I say and she turns around and kisses me on the lips. She breaks the kiss looking at the time. "Hey we gotta go don't wanna miss that hair appointment or keep your sister and friend waiting. We all know how Ray gets when people are late." She said grabbing her purse and my phone. She hands me my phone and I grab my wallet and keys. I lock up the house and walk over to my car opening the door for her helping her in and closing the door. I drop her off at the hair salon before texting Kimmi.