To Escape or Not to Escape

Lydia's POV

I was shutting down my computer from so work. It's been five years since Capri was put into the mental hospital and since then I've been stressed. Ray moved away a year later to try and do something with his life bigger than drugs and we've been keeping in touch here and there. Running this whole thing though is really stressful but I've been managing. "BABY CAN YOU COME HELP ME!" Melissa yelled from upstairs. I went upstairs and she was trying to get her hoodie off but it was stuck. I busted out laughing and she stopped struggling and just stood there probably with a "really" face. "It's not funny come help me," she said and I walked over to her. "Ok, ok put your hand all the way up," I said and she did what I said. I carefully pulled the sweater over her head and I pecked her lips. "Thanks," she said going over to the mirror to put her hair into a bun. "Baby...... I.....think it's time to get Capri," blurted out and she turned around. "Well I mean that's your choice babe. No one can make that decision except for you," she said with a unreadable expression. "Ok then. I'll go get her tomorrow morning," I said laying down on the bed. She nodded her head and I wrapped my arms around her pulling her closer to me. I turned off my lamp and started to drift off to sleep only to have the ceiling fan light turn on out of nowhere.

"Man, what the fuck?" I said getting up and turning around. At the door I saw someone who I never thought I would see right now. "Going to sleep so soon?" She asked and Melissa sat up. "Capri the fuck are you doing here?" I question getting up but stopped in my tracks when she pulled out a gun. "That matters not little sister. For the time being let's take a field trip. Come on Melissa I have a surprise for you and Lydia I think you're gonna want to meet my friend too," she said with the gun still on me. Melissa gets up and we both walk out to the front of the house to see a black car. The window rolls down and this girl leaned out the window a little bit. "Xayana?" Mel said with fear in her voice. "Miss me baby?" Xayana asked and I was probably red in the face. Then all of a sudden I blacked out.

Carter's POV

I woke up and I didn't know where I was. The room was dimly lit but I could still see around. I tried to move my hands to see that I was bound to the chair. I was in the room alone until I moved my hands back to feel soft hands. I knew who that could be. She's the only one who has hands that soft. "Rae baby can you hear me? Rae....RAE," I keep yelling her name until she wakes up. "Carter damn I up now. Where are we?" She asked me like I knew. "Well damn Rae it looks real nice in here so maybe we're in rainbow land with the unicorns and fairys," I said in a sarcastic voice. "Roll dem eyes again and they gonna get stuck back there," I said because I felt like she rolled her eyes. I felt the rope that was on her wrists and started to undo the knot. Once it was untied I got up and gave her a hug. "Ok we gotta find a way out of here," I said and she nodded as we walked to the door.

About an hour and a half later we found everyone and we were all in this room that we broke into. "Ok y'all we need to find a way out of here. Capri and that girl could be coming at any second now," Lexi said. I nodded and everyone else agreed. Mama was about to say something when we heard the door knob jiggle. Rae, Tia, Tino, and I all went into the closet while everyone else hid somewhere else in the room. The door opened and two girls walked in. One with honey blonde hair and the other with dark brown hair. "Alright we need to find out exactly where they are in the building so we can get the fuck outta here," the one with dark brown hair said. She logged into the computer and started typing away. Then someone sneezed. It was from behind the couch and that's where mama, papa, and Lexi were. The girl with dark brown hair pulled out her gun and slowly walked over to the couch. She put a finger over her mouth looking at the other girl. She moved the couch out the way and pointed her gun at them. "Hold up. Leona? Christina? Lexi?" She asked and they looked up. "Omg Lydia how did you get here?" Mama asked getting up and hugging the one who I'm assuming is Lydia. "Hey we can catch up after we get the fuck outta here," the honey blonde said.

Melissa's POV

"Papa I'm scared," this little girl ran over to Christina from the closet giving away these two teens and another little boy. "Are these your kids you always post about?" I ask and she nods. Lydia walks over to the computer and jumps up. "Ok Capri and Xylophone are entering the building right now so we gotta get out of here," she said and everyone had a confused look on their face. "Xayana, it's Xayana," I said and Lydia rolled her eyes. "Whatever they comin in now so we need to get out of here. There's a gun under the couch and another one in the closet," she said pulling out two more from her desk. "Well ok then gun shop pro," on of the teens said. I internally laughed and grabbed on of the guns from Lydia. "Alright everyone behind me. This is my building so I'll lead us through," Lydia said. I followed at the back of the group since I was the second most familiar with the building. We took the stairs because they could be at any floor looking for us. I made sure they weren't coming towards the steps on each floor. Once we made it outside we ran to the alley behind the building.

"Ok where do we go from here?" Lee asked and we all sat in silence. "Papa I'm hungry," said the little boy. "Ok Tino we're going to get you something to eat," Christina said. "Well our hotel isn't that far from here. I'm pretty sure we could walk or something there," Lee said and everyone else agreed. I bent down to tie my shoe because when we were running the became untied. I didn't notice everyone else had already started walking until I stood up. I started to jog to catch up with them until I was snatched over and someone covered my mouth. "Leaving so soon. But I just got you back, I can't lose you again," the person said and I knew exactly who it was. Xayana.