Graduation Day

Christina's POV

     It's graduation day and I'm honestly glad it's over. College was a fun experience and all but one that I want to leave in the past. "Hey, come on before mamma kills you." Gabby said coming into my room. "Ok, I'm done let's go" I say fixing my blazer. "Awww look at you baby sis. Looking all spiffy and shit" she says and we start to laugh. I mean she did have a point. I had on some khaki skinnies, a white button up, and a khaki blazer. We walked to where our parents were. "Awwww look at my baby girl." Mamma said taking pictures and hugging me. "Ok, ok, mamma we have to go or I'm going to be late." I say grabbing my things. We all file out of the dorm and I look at our room for one last time. All of the good times and bad times that happened in these walls. I close the door and close a chapter of my life. Leona moved out last week and I move today. I got offered to join many teams but I chose Atlanta Dream and today I fly back to Michigan with Gabby and mamma for a week. After that I fly to Atlanta and move into my apartment down there. We all file into the car poppa and Gabby in the back and mamma and I were in the front. There was an awkward silence in the car. Mamma and poppa weren't on really good terms yet but they were slowly starting to tolerate each other.

     "Ok Chrissy Poo we're gonna find our seats." Mamma says and they walk away. I found Kiara, Lexi, and Jayden in the line to get their cap and gowns. "Hey, hey" Kiara said turning around and I get in line with them. "Hey." I said looking around. "Looking for Leona?" Lexi asked chuckling. "Yea. Do you know where she is." I was getting nervous. I would hope she wouldn't dip out on me now. Especially now since I had a surprise. "She's on her way calm down. She just woke up a little late. You'll be able to do your thing." Lexi said rubbing my arm. "Ok, Christina calm down. Things are going to be ok. She'll show up soon." I said to myself. I just needed to stop thinking of the worst possible scenario all the time. After I got my cap and gown I went and sat down in my seat. Still haven't seen Lee and really started to get worried. They went through all these speeches and the 'This is the beginning of a great future' speech and other shit I wasn't really paying attention to. Then they started calling names and Leona was called. She walked across the stage and a wave of relief fell over me. She was ok I just wondered where she was sitting at. Jayden's name was called, then Lexi, then Kiara, and finally me. After all of that there was another speech and then it was over.

Leona's POV

     I'm so happy to be done with school. I have so many animation companies who want me to work for them. I chose a company in Atlanta because I love California and all but Atlanta is my home and I really can't see myself anywhere else. Yes, my dad is a factor but I've grown smarter and stronger over the years. I've learned how to fight back and how to protect myself. Chris thinks that I'm staying here but I leave tonight and I haven't had the time to tell her. I don't know what we are. Its somewhere between best friends and more than that. I don't know where we are going to go from here but right now we were all going out to eat. By all I meant all. There was Chris, her parents, her sister, Kiara, her mom, brother, Lexi, her sister, brother, apparently, she has a girlfriend and she was there, Jayden, his boyfriend, Ray, Lydia, Melissa, and then me. There were a lot of us but we got a table that seated all of us. We were all having a good time and everyone was getting along. Then when everyone was about done eating Chris stood up. "Ok, I have an announcement. Today is my last day in Cali and I wanted to thank you all for making it one of the best days I've had here." She started and all eyes were on her. "I got so many offers for teams to join and I chose Atlanta Dream to play for. So, with that being said I wanted to ask Leona a question." She reached into her back pocket and pulled out a ring box. "I know you might be staying here but I want you to come with me to Atlanta. If you accept this promise ring, I promise to never leave your side and to treat you like royalty. You make me feel whole and I can't see my life without you in it. I promise to protect you and to be loyal and honest no matter what happens. So, will you be my girlfriend?" She asked and everyone looked at me for my answer. "I completely understand if you say no because you've accepted a job offer somewhere else." She adds.