Carter and Rae

Leona's POV

"Ok yall it's 2:40 so let's start cleaning up because I have to leave at 3. So let's get the room clean." I say cleaning of my desk and putting my things in my bag. I take Addi and Aiden out of their bouncers and into their carriers. Some of my students showed me the start of their pictures and they were really good per usual. I looked at the clock and it said 2:55 so I dismiss the class. "Carter and Rae do yall need a ride home?" I ask picking up Aiden and Carter takes Addison while Rae takes my art bag. "Ummmm, yea I think so. Gina has the car the entire week because she drove to Miami to be with her friends." Rae said walking out the door and I locked it behind her. Gina was Rae's stepmom who in my opinion is a hoe but that's another story. "She left yall again. Yall know if you guys want to stay with us yall can. There is plenty of room for yall and that neighborhood Gina got yall in isn't the safest for yall to be in by yourselves." I say putting their carrier. Rae's dad had a big ass house before he passed and a lot of money to from what I hear. I mean his job was the most legal but he knew what he was doing when he signed up for it and it got him killed. He was really smart but the dumbest decision he made was to leave everything to the dumb blonde Gina. She bought so much stuff she couldn't afford to pay the bills anymore so they had to move into a different neighborhood. It really close to where Rae's dad worked and there were a lot of people who wanted to see him and his family suffer. So I fear for their safety a lot. Rae is a spitting image of her father and has almost gotten killed because of it since they moved there. People have threatened to kill her, almost killed her, broke into their house, there's so much that she's been through I can't help but want to keep her safe.

"I know that you won't take no for an answer so ok." She said getting in the third row with Carter sitting on her lap. "Aye, aye, aye, you know I'm not against yall relationship but no freaky shit while there are children in the car." I say looking in my mirror and seeing Rae slide off of Carter's lap and pouting. They muttered something but I didn't really care. I drove to the twins' preschool. I went in and signed them out and they ran up to me hugging me. "Mama!" they screamed running over to me. "Hey babies. I have a surprise for you in the car." I say as we walk out the door. "Is it pizza?" Tino asked and I laughed shaking my head. "Better than pizza." I say opening the door and they got in and almost burst when they saw Carter and Rae. "CC!" yelled at the top of her lungs jumping on her lap. "Tia I missed you." She said hugging her. Tino sat next to Rae and gave her a hug, "Hi CC. Hi Rae." He said and put on his seatbelt. "Hey little man and baby girl I don't get no love?" Rae asked acting sad and Tia gave her a hug. "I'm sorry Rae I just missed my sissy." She said sitting back on Carter's lap. "How come she can sit on her lap but I can't? Lee why is there a double standard?" Rae asked trying to be funny. "I'll throw you out of this car cause you not funny." I said turning around in my seat and they all started to laugh.

"SHES A BAD THING SHIT FINE AS HELL WOO THICK AS FUCK OMG THAT'S MY BABY" my phone was ringing. "And you want to talk about me and my inappropriateness but your ring tone isn't so kid friendly is it." Rae said and I look back at her. "You can tell me about my inappropriateness when you can drink alcohol. Until you can do that hush child." I say and answer the phone and it goes through the Bluetooth in the car. "BABY!" the person yelled through the phone and I could already tell it was Chris. "My god why are you yelling?" Carter yelled from the backseat and Chris laughed. "Man shut up but baby are you on the way?" she asked. "Yea we on our way now. Kids say hi to Daddy." I say and they say hi. Then in the deepest voice ever Carter says. "Bae who you on the phone with?" she sounded just like a man it was scary. "Leona who is in the car with my kids. You betta not have no nigga out here calling you baby and with my kids." She said and I was ready to beat the shit out of Carter. "Chris it was only Carter playing as usual. You know I wouldn't do you like that." I said putting the car in drive and starting on my way to the gym. "Oh hey daughter is Rae there too?" she asked laughing. "Yea I'm here too. Wassssssaaaaaaaaaaa?" she said starting their thing. "Wasssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." Chris said dragging hers out longer. It went on for a good minute until Carter got irritated. "SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPP" she said and that ended their thing. "Ok babe we almost there so go get your stuff and say hey to Zay and Rizzy for me." I said picking up my phone about to end the call. She says bye and we hang up the phone. "Mama can we get some food. I'm hungry." Tino said. "Yea I'll cook something when we get home. What do yall want for dinner?" I ask keeping my focus on the road.