ACT 4

ACT 4

Katarina tugged on Ashe's jacket, wrapping herself tighter with the warm clothing, while Ashe unlocked her apartment. She could smell the scent of peppermint from the jacket and she found it oddly soothing.

Ashe opened the front door and ushered her in, so she silently complied and walked into the apartment unit. She had to ask herself though.

'Why did I go with her in the first place? I'm pretty sure it's not because of her jacket.'

"Listen, the bedroom is down that hall," Ashe said, pointing at the hall at her left. "You can take a bath at the bathroom there."

"Hmm." She turned and headed down the hall.

"I'll have some dry clothes prepared for you when finish."

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Leaving her drenched clothes at the bathroom, she exited the bathroom and stepped back into Ashe's bedroom. She wore nothing but a fluffy towel Ashe had given to her earlier.

When she walked into the room, she found a complete set of clothes waiting for her on the covered bed. She approached it and scanned the clothing, noting that all of them are men's clothes.

'Doesn't she have any clothes that are actually for women?'

Seeing that not single piece of undergarment is present on the bed, she decided to go commando. She put the jean shorts on and the grey shirt and slipped on the pair of slippers beside the bed before leaving the bedroom.

As soon as she had pulled the door open, she caught a nice whiff of the smell of chicken. She walked down the hall and entered the kitchen, where she found Ashe just finishing on filling one glass bowl with chicken soup.

The Avarosa's mildly messy and damp snow white hair is all tied up in a high but sloppy ponytail. She also took notice of Ashe's clothes, since said female hasn't changed clothing. The football jersey and her shorts were still quite damp from the looks of it.

"Here," Ashe carefully pushed and slid the bowl across kitchen island. "Eat this."

Wordlessly, Katarina accepted the spoon Ashe handed her, then started eating the soup, which, by the way, was just utterly delicious, in her opinion. But of course she won't tell Ashe that.

While she ate, she spotted Ashe from her peripheral vision, heading off to the exit leading to the bedroom. She swallowed the spoonful of soup she had eaten before speaking.

"Gonna take a bath?"

Ashe shook her head. "Did you leave your clothes at the bathroom?"

She nodded.

"Alright, I'll go wash them. Excuse me."

Katarina watched as Ashe left the kitchen before focusing her attention back to her warm and delicious meal.

"Achoo!"

In surprise, she snapped her head upward. Just in time in seeing Ashe wiping her nose.

"Staying in those clothes will make you sick." She heard herself commenting.

Ashe was already standing in the middle of the hall, yet she heard her and just waved a dismissive hand.

"It's just the dust."

"Whatever."

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Katarina now sat on the soft, and not to mention comfortable, couch at Ashe's apartment living room, channel-surfing while she waited for the Avarosa to finish whatever it is she's doing right now.