ACT 8

ACT 8

It's been a whole week ever since Katarina took care of Ashe and made her cry in the end.

That means, it's also been a week filled with moments of awkward drives to school, awkward hand-holding, awkward kisses on cheeks and foreheads, and perfect acting in posing as a happy couple.

Well, it was awkward, and a bit tense, for Ashe, not for Katarina though.

Ashe really felt like she had pushed Katarina too far with that hug. It was just a friendly 'thank you' hug, but she guessed that she may have invaded Katarina's personal space, which made the other be angry with her.

She wanted to apologize, but every time she and Katarina were alone, the Du Couteau would either glare at her, disregard her, or both in some way.

Today, Katarina had sent her a text, ordering her not to pick her up from the mansion, since she isn't going to school and has some business to take care of. Ashe replied by curiously asking her what the said business is, but she never got a return message. In the end, she sent another text, bidding Katarina a safe trip and that's that.

Currently, she sat on a table alone. She didn't want to table with Katarina's friends, since she felt too out of place without her 'girlfriend' being with her. So, she decided to eat her lunch in solitude.

Well, that was her original plan.

"Mind if we join you?"

Looking up from her lunch, she found, Lux, Quinn, Caitlyn, Orianna and Riven standing there in front of her, each holding their own lunch trays.

"Umm... Go right ahead."

In just a few blinks, the six females had joined her at her table. Lux, Quinn and Caitlyn sat across her, Orianna settled at her left and Riven occupied the seat at her right.

"You've been awfully quiet these past few days," Caitlyn told her, starting the conversation in the table. "Is there something bothering you?"

She shook her head. "Nothing I can't handle."

"Is it Katarina again?" Riven asked, tilting her head in question.

"She's just... moody, that's all."

"Maybe it's her time of the month." Lux joked, earning an elbow on the rib from Caitlyn.

"So, Ashe," Quinn spoke up. "You excited for the Pilty Fair next week?"

"Pilty Fair?" She asked curiously.

"Yes." Orianna joined in.

"What's that?"

"It's a two-day fair dedicated to the City of Progress, where some volunteer students and a few sponsors of the school have their own booths and stalls placed around campus grounds. The fair serves as a countdown of a sort."

"A... countdown?"

"Yeah, a countdown of when Piltover became an official city in Runaterra." Riven answered. "Throughout those two days, we can go around the school and try different kinds of booths. There's a movie booth, horror booth and more. Since this is Valoran University, you shouldn't expect anything but the best."

The way Riven spoke somewhat captured Ashe's attention. Riven sounded like she was admiring the fair and its feats.

"It sounds like you are quite excited for the fair." She commented, causing Riven to stop and lightly blush in embarrassment.

"Well, not really. It's just fun, you know."

"It's totally fun! My brother and our friends will be doing a booth at day two, so we can still freely spend day one!" Lux squealed. "Wanna go around with us during the fair, Ashe?"