ACT 27

ACT 27

The bedroom was silent. The sunlight shined into the room, which provided a bright illuminant light inside. Ashe was already awake before the sun could shine directly onto her face and wake her up. She had just finished unpacking her things and had already stored her clothes in its rightful places. Yesterday, Sierra had sent a few maids and butlers from the house staff to retrieve her things at her apartment, since no plans of her going back to that place is in store for her future.

She's been having sleepless nights lately. It's been like this ever since she and Katarina were forced to be parted without any proper goodbyes to each other, and it murdered her from the inside. Every morning, when she wakes up from her troubled sleep, she would always gaze out of the window and whisper a good morning to Katarina, who she knows would not hear her low greeting.

She didn't dare imagine what Katarina is possibly feeling right now.

The image of Katarina crying because of her, it made her chest ache painfully. It's one of the sole reason why she couldn't just sleep. How dare she sleep while Katarina is out there, probably weeping. She found half of herself silently wishing she shouldn't have met Katarina from the beginning.

'If I hadn't met her, I wouldn't have hurt her like I have now.'

She may not know how Katarina reacted to her sudden 'disappearance', but she's sure that she has hurt her in more ways than one.

The other half of herself wished that hers and Katarina's love story progressed farther than it has. Ashe blamed herself yet again.

'If only, Katarina... If only...'

Clink!

Ashe, who is currently sitting on a sofa right now, looked around for a moment, checking if there's someone in the room with her.

No one.

She returned to her thoughts and looked down to the promise ring she had obtained from hers and Katarina 'wedding'. Oh, the irony of it all. Here she was, engaged to someone she hasn't even known for a whole week. It almost made her want to laug...-!

Clink!

Ashe scanned the room again, searching for the origin of the clinking sound. It sounded as if an object, something small maybe, had lightly collided with a glass.

Clink!

Something captured her attention from the window. She saw something, she knows it. Standing up, she focused her gaze at the window overlooking the left side of their family estate.

.....

.....

.....

Her eyes mildly widened when she spotted a pebble bounce off of the clear glass of the window, making a low but clear sound of...

Clink!

Ashe walked up the window and looked through the glass. Once again, her eyes widened when she saw a pink haired friend of hers she thought she would never see again. Quickly, she unlocked her window and pushed it upward, pushing half of her torso out to peek over the edge.

"What are you doing here!?"

Vi grinned. "Your stupid butler won't let me in. Can you open the door for me?"

"This is considered trespassing!" She replied in a panicked manner, glancing over her shoulder and to the closed door of her bedroom for a moment.

"Not unless you let me in your house, you know."