ACT 24

ACT 24

Katarina stood in the middle of a random room, the room completely unfurnished. Truly, there was nothing there that captured her eye. Not even a window. She's the only person in the said boring room. Well, her and...

"Ashe?"

She found Ashe standing in front of her, wearing her a pair of casual pants and a white shirt. Ashe walked up to her and much to her expectation, wrapped her arms around her without a single hint of a warning at all. Her eyes widened for a moment in surprise before she asked.

"Ashe? What are you...-!"

"Thank you, Katarina." Ashe abruptly cut off.

"What for?" She asked, completely confused.

Ashe pulled her head back and gazed into her eyes, holding her chin with her fingers as she did so.

"For everything that you've done for me. For everything that you've taught me, showed me, I appreciate it all."

She couldn't suppress the light blush on her cheeks. Instead, she settled on looking away and avoiding Ashe's gaze to try and hide it.

"It was nothing."

Ashe smiled at her. "Because of you and our relationship, I now know how I can be a better lover to my next girlfriend."

Katarina's head almost snapped off of her neck when she whipped her gaze back to her Ashe, who still smiled at her.

"W-What? What are you talking about?"

"Riven and I have been talking lately and, well, we've gotten closer than before. And honestly, I... like her more than you."

"W-What!?"

"Why are you so surprised, Katarina?"

"Ashe, our relationship...-!"

"Was just an experience, and I'm sorry for playing you like that."

"What!? What the hell are you talking about!?"

"I thought it over, and, well... I don't really think you're the one for me, Katarina. Thank you for the experience though."

Katarina felt and looked truly horrified with it. Ashe can't be serious, right? The feeling of her chest constricting gave her a bit of difficulty in breathing properly.

Was this 'new beginning' of theirs really just a moment of practice for Ashe?

Nothing but a test-run?

"Didn't we break rule number four? Don't you have feelings for me?" She asked, now grabbing the front of Ashe's shirt. Ashe didn't seem to be fazed with it. In fact, she looked absolutely calm, which irked her  and hurt her deep down.

"We did, Katarina, but I guess it was just phase for me. Just like what Vi had said, I am new to this relationship thing. As a gentleman, I will honor your wishes."

"And what the actual fuck do you even know of my goddamn wishes!?"

"You said, after these three months of pretending, we'll go our separate ways and never see each other again, correct?"

"Y-Yeah, I said that! But, I took it back, remember?"

"Our fake relationship is over. Therefore, I will honor your wish and leave you be."

"Damn it, Ashe! Are you even hearing yourself!? What you're saying!?" She pushed and tugged at Ashe, shaking the other female in anger. "Are you seriously just going to leave me like this!?"