Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter

Katarina wanted to groan out loud as she slumped herself all over one of the couches in the living room, while her brother just looked at her with a blank expression, saying nothing about her moping.

It's her birthday today.

Originally, she planned on spending the whole day locked in the bedroom with Ashe, doing activities that involve no clothing whatsoever. Unfortunately for her, Ashe had woken up earlier than usual and had left with Cassiopeia to go somewhere before she herself awakened from her sleep.

She can't help but feel depressed. She hoped and expected to wake up and have Ashe greet her first thing in the morning, making her birthday already complete, despite the day just beginning for her.

Right now, no amount of gifts or greetings can pull her out of her depressed self. Well, maybe a gift in a form of her beloved wearing nothing but a ribbon over her head can bring her out of her saddened state. She will be totally content with receiving just that gift for the rest of her life.

"Why did she even leave with Cass early in the morning?" She asked in a grumble.

Talon, who is reading a novel as they speak, answered, "Ashe said she needs to buy something for you."

"What, a gift? She could have just taken off all her clothes and tied a ribbon on her wrist or something and present herself as my birthday gift. Believe me, that's the perfect gift for me."

"Cassiopeia said that they won't be long, so they'll probably be here before lunch." Talon told her, disregarding the description of her 'perfect gift'.

Her mood didn't even let up a tiny bit with his words. She returned to just slumping on the couch, eyes flickering to the wall clock at the side. She stared at the clock intently, as if she was willing it to tick faster and fast-forward time.

Tick! Tock! Tick! Tock!

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Talon was right. Ashe and Cassiopeia arrived from their trip to God knows where before the table at the dining room was set up for lunch time. Once Katarina saw Ashe walk in and join her and Talon at living room, wearing a pair of fitted denim shorts and a plain white short-sleeve shirt that wrapped around her torso fittingly, she threw the remote of the television like it was a piece of trash and got off the sofa.

Ashe didn't even get a chance to finish her birthday greeting, for Katarina pulled her girlfriend in for a tight embrace.

"Sorry for being so clingy." She said after inhaling the cool scent her lover always emitted.

Ashe chuckled, returning the embrace by wrapping her free arm around Katarina. "Don't be. I actually love it whenever you're acting like it this."

"Why'd you leave so early?" She asked, still hugging Ashe.

"I had to pick up something for your birthday."

Katarina, whose head is perched over Ashe's shoulder, casted her gaze downward and spotted the shiny black bag Ashe held with her other hand.

"Is that it?"

Knowing what Katarina's referring to, Ashe nodded.

"Yes, it is."

"Can I see it?"

"No," Ashe pulled back, stopping as soon as they were face to face. "You can only open your present after dinner."

"What? Why?"

"It's because this gift isn't like any other gifts people usually get."

Katarina huffed, purposely pouting. Ashe made a face in return. Katarina knows fully well that Ashe's resolve always crumbles whenever she pouts her lips, and this may actually be her ticket in getting her first birthday present.