ACT 7

ACT 7

Katarina huffed in annoyance, crossing her arms as she watched Cassiopeia and Talon step down the stairs, bags in hand. Of course the two noticed her irked expression. Instead of heading out and boarding the black car waiting for them outside, the two approached her.

"We expected you have already left for school." Talon stated, arranging the sling of his bag on his shoulder.

"I'm waiting for Ashe."

Cassiopeia raised an eyebrow. "What time did he say he'll be picking you up?"

"About an hour ago."

"I don't think he's going to come, Kata."

"And how would you know?" She growled at her sister. "Do you think he has the guts to keep me waiting?"

Talon shook his head while Cassiopeia sighed.

"Then, why, pray and tell, could he be this late?"

The sound of thunder rumbled as lightning struck somewhere outside.

"Didn't you ever think maybe the Avarosa is sick?" Talon finally asked.

Cassiopeia lightly slammed her right fist in her left palm. "Oh, Talon has point. Ashe has been sneezing all day yesterday, so he probably caught a cold."

Katarina then remembered the other day. The day when Ashe came and prevented her from getting sick.

"Drop me off at his apartment."

Her sister smiled in triumph, while his brother nodded his head to the direction car.

"Tell the driver his address."

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Katarina walked into the Ashe's apartment lobby, looking around as she did so. She approached the receptionist, slightly flinching in surprise when thunder struck again from outside.

When she was still in the car with her siblings, she had received a message from Ashe saying she's sorry and that she won't be able to pick her up since she's not going to school.

That didn't stop her from going.

She replied with a message that told Ashe that she's going to drop by at her apartment.

"May I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"What apartment number and floor is Ashe Avarosa?" She asked.

"Your name please?"

"Katarina Du Couteau."

"Ah, yes, Miss Du Couteau," The receptionist then handed her a key. "Mister Avarosa said he won't be able to open the door, so he called earlier and had asked the management to give you his spare key. He's at the top floor, room 509."

Katarina grabbed the key, not bothering on thanking the receptionist.

"Oh, umm, Miss Du Couteau?"

She turned back to the female receptionist, resisting the urge to glare at her when she noticed the light blush on her cheeks.

"What?"

"Are you... Are you Mister Avarosa's girlfriend?"

Instead of just walking off and disregarding the question, she looked over her shoulder and quirked an eyebrow.

"You got a problem with that?"

The receptionist jumped and shook her hands in front of her. "O-O-Of course not! I'm sorry if I...-!"